Chapter 11: H.E.A.

The dance that inspired Sandra and Adam's dance above. I'm dedicating this to Kirstina @t26344, Lacylynn @underwaterbubble, Allison @allivar95, and Alli @mitogirl1 whom were the four that commented their names to be a part of this chapter. Enjoy!

♤♤♤♤

ADAM

FOUR MONTHS LATER

Saying I was nervous would be understatement. I tug the lapels of my black jacket. I play with the buttons on my jacket sleeve. I feel asphyxiated as my nerves spike up. I play around with my black bowtie around my neck.

“Knock, knock,” I hear someone say as they enter my bedroom.

I look towards them. I find Mason, my best friend and Alpha, standing at the door frame. He’s got his hands in his trouser pockets. He holds a smirk on his face. He makes a catcall whistle.

“Don’t clean up nicely?” he says jokingly.

“Shut up, you a$$,” I roll my eyes.

He laughs.

“You know, I can’t believe you’re getting married,” Mason says. “I didn’t think I’d live long enough to see such day.”

I glare at him. “Be amazed.”

“Anyways, I brought you something,” he pulls out something from his pocket.

A folded paper reveals itself between his fingers. I feel my heart skip a beat. I have a feeling I know what it is. I sent a similar one to Sandra about an hour ago.

“Is that…?” I’m at a loss of words.

“A reply to your letter? I sure hope so buddy,” Mason chuckles.

I make my way to retrieve it from him. I open it slowly to avoid making creases.

“I’ll leave you to it,” Mason leaves my bedroom, closing the door behind him.

I read:

Baby,

It’s our day! Your letter was lovely. You made me cry. You’re the sweetest and best thing in my life, apart from the twins. I can’t wait to see you when I walk down the aisle towards our amazing future together as a family, how it should’ve been a long time ago. I’m so happy and blessed. I wouldn’t change a thing. I think the events that got us to this today, made us stronger. It showed us we could move past any struggle together even if we’re really angry with each other.

Lacylynn keeps poking my head with bobby pins… LOL!

Anyways, I ran off the tracks of this letter. I can’t wait to see you! I love you too, baby.

Sincerely,

Your bride.

I chuckle at her comment about Lacylynn.

There’s a knock on my door. Samantha peeps in. She grins.

“You ready?” She asks. “It’s time.”

I fold the letter and put in my pocket. I take notice of the dress Sandra choose for her. Samantha was to be the maid of honor.

“I’m ready,” I sigh.

“Okay,” she opens the door wider. I make my way to her.

“You’ll do great,” she says. “I believe in you two.”