Chapter 5: New York

It's short but it's here 😊

~~~

SANDRA

~ Month 5 ~

I'm sitting on a white couch with an interviewer from Esquire across from me. I'm wearing a blue maternity dress and blue Manolo Blanik Hangisi heels. The female across from started asking simple questions, like why I had chosen this career since I was new to it. It was easy answering but then...

"Everyone wants to know if you're single or not? You are pregnant so early in your career," she asks.

I wanted to tell her back off.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend," I reply. "I was pregnant before I got into modeling."

"Oh?" she raises an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I think we're getting too personal now. I don't want to answer any more questions about my love life, please," I say.

"Of course, my bad," she answers.

Freaking nosey people. Right then, Logan walks in.

"I think this interview is over," he says. "She needs to be in bed rest."

I smirk. He winks at me. My life saver. I stand up from the couch. I shake the woman's hand. She thanks me for my time.

"They're extremely nosey," Logan says as we walk out of the room

"Tell me about it," I reply. "Thanks for rescuing me."

"Of course," Logan replies.

***

We flew in to the states for the red-carpet Grammy's event. My wardrobe people help me into my dress for the night. It's a long, short sleeve silver sequenced dress. My hair is tied back into a ponytail, adorned by jewels. They help me into the car. We ride towards the event in New York.

My phone rings somewhere in my clutch bag. I take it out. I see Adam calling me. I cringe because I have a feeling on what he's going to say. I answer.

"Hello?" I hesitate.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I hear him yell. I move the phone away from my ear.

"I don't need to tell you anything," I answer. "But I'll be back in tomorrow or something."

"Fly back?" he asks. "Back from where?"

"From New York," I say in a 'duh' voice.

"New York? You're supposed to be in bed rest, Sandra," he sounds exasperated.

"Adam, you won't tell me what to do, ok? Get that in your thick skull!" I yell back him.

I hang up before he can reply. My phone rings again. I see it's him. I ignore it. We pull up in line at the back of other cars. I see Gina Rodriguez getting out her car. I get out too when it's my turn. The crowd erupts to the many celebrities, model, etc. arriving to the scene. I make my way through the crowds and pose here and there with people and by myself. Some ask me how far a long I am in my pregnancy. I lie saying that I'm eight months when I know I'll only be six. I have my hand on my stomach when I feel my baby girls kick. I found out two days ago that I was having two girls not just one.

 I found out two days ago that I was having two girls not just one

I got the honor to present an award to Kate Winslet. After I was drowsy and flown in to Washington. I wanted to visit my friends but I would have to wait till the next day. Logan's wife came into the hotel room with me. She helped me out of my dress. She's my designer and manager while Logan is my photographer and sometimes bodyguard but that's only a minor part. I love working with them as they love working with me.

"Thank you," I tell her as I get into a night gown.

"You're welcome," she smiles. "How are the girls?"

"Good," I reply. "It's hard work carrying them around."

I laugh.

"Well, when they're born I would love to help you with them," she says.

"That would be lovely," I say.

"I'll let you rest," she says.

I make my way to the bed. I let sleep come over me.