Chapter 6: Clearing Messes

SANDRA

I wake up in the hotel room only to not being able to sit up. Not because of my big round belly but because there's something on me. When I look down, I see an arm wrapped around me. I look next to me to figure out who's in the bed with. I nearly jump out of my skin when I see Adam sleeping soundly next to me. I try to pry his arm off me but his hold tightens around me. I squirm in his hold, trying to get out.

I really need to pee. A perk of being pregnant.

"Adam," I call his name. "Adam."

He groans.

"Get your arm off me," I say.

"Five more minutes," he mutters.

"Adam, I need to use the bathroom," I say annoyed.

"Agh, ok," he sighs. He lets me go.

I stand from the bed. I make my way to the bathroom so fast.

My bladder feels so much better after taking care of business. I brush my teeth and brush my hair. I put my hair up into a ponytail before heading out the bathroom. I make my way to the closet where Lucy (A/N: idk if I had already given her a name) was kind enough to arrange my clothing in. I completely ignore Adam as I do so. I choose a light pink maternity blouse and tailored maternity pants.

"Where are we going today?" Adam speaks. I jump in freight.

I had totally forgotten he was here. I CHANGED IN FRONT OF HIM! I mentally facepalm myself.

"We?" I question. "I smell inaccurate information."

"You've changed into different clothing. You're going out and I'm going with," Adam says.

"You are not going anywhere. I am," I reply.

His face transforms from annoyance to mad in a flash.

"I am coming with you," he says between his teeth.

"You don't have a choice," I say as a put on my shoes.

I grab my purse with my things inside and head out of the room. I barely make it to the elevator when Adam is fully clothed in different clothes and next to me. I don't know where the heck he got those clothes 'cause I'm sure I don't have male clothes with my belongings.

I step into the elevator and press the button for the lobby floor. Logan and Lucy were going to take me to the pack-house. I wanted to get something from my room.

I make it to the lobby and into the car waiting outside the hotel, all with Adam in tow. It's freaking getting annoying. I roll my eyes when he takes the back seat next to me.

***

I make it to the front door of the pack-house but Adam intercepts me to open the door. I glare at him. I shake my head slightly. I push past him taking Lucy with me.

I take her with me to the Alpha's office. He's always in there. I hear the two sets of footsteps behind us.

I knock on the door.

"Come in!"

I turn the doorknob to open the door. I grin as I see Samantha and Mason together in the office, sitting on the couch.

"OH MY GOD!" Samantha stands rushing towards me. She hugs me. When she pulls back her eyes land on my belly. Her eye glossed with tears as she looks back to my eyes.

"It's two of them..." she mutters trailing off.

I nod, "Yes."

"I'm so happy for you. Congratulations," she hugs me once again.

"Welcome home," Mason says.

This isn't home, Mason... I think to myself.

"Thank you," I say.

I can feel Adam's gaze burning a hole in my skull. I'm a liar. He knows it.

After my affairs with Mason and Samantha, I make it to my room. Logan and Luke were taken to tour the pack-house.

Someone opens the door of my bedroom as I look through the wardrobe drawers. I hear the footsteps. I take in the scent of the person who's in my room.

Adam.

He lifts up so I'm standing in front of him.

"What do you want?" I ask.

He doesn't reply. Instead, he kisses the heck out of me. Eventually, I give in to the passion of the kiss. I can't ignore my feeling for him. I'm also aware of what I will do.

I draw back from Adam breaking our Earth shattering kiss. My eyes take a moment to adjust from and take me down from cloud nine.

"I can't do this," I whisper.

Adam looks at me in confusion and slight frustration. "Can't or won't."

"I can't... Won't... Give you a chance to break my heart again," I reply.

"I won't. Give me a chance to make this right, please," he begs.

I want to give him a chance. I do. I really do. Maybe it's the connection we have as mates or my raging hormones due to these babies.

"I need time to think," I tell him.

He agrees.

"I'm leaving for Italy in two days," I say.

"This is your home, Sandra," Adam says. "You can't just leave."

"This place... This place hasn't been home for a while. Ever since every male here started treating me like a whore, it hasn't been home. I thought that I was meant to be treated that way but I fell in love with Mason. I felt him give me something. He treated me with slight respect. More than the others have me. I loved him for that. Then Samantha came along, I thought of her as a threat. I thought she was stealing a piece of me. In a way she was. She was taking the one person who showed me that I mattered. The day I found out that you and I were mates, I was flattered by the attention you gave me. The very next day, you stomped all over my heart the moment you rejected me," I say.

His face contorts uncomfortably.

"I understand why you did it. You didn't want everyone to see that the Beta had a whore as a mate. I get that. You broke my heart. Then you come along in Italy trying to piece us together because I'm pregnant with your children but that doesn't cut it. We're not going to be able to completely move away from this. I need to be away from everything that brought me pain. Everything that made me feel worthless. I need you to give me the space I need," I sob.

"Sandra, I'm so sorry. I didn't know," Adam replies. "Of course, I'll give you space. I will continue to fight for us."

"You can have contact our daughters. You can come visit them in Italy. You can be there when I go into labor if you'd like," I say.

"I would love that," Adam cuts in.

"But, Adam, I accept your rejection. Now, you will know how I felt."

I leave him in my room before I change my mind.

~~~~

*Leaves before getting killed for not updating sooner and for the ending of this chapter....*