Getting It Together

Jughead Pov

I woke up the next morning with the hang over from hell, I groan as I sit up "I take it you feel like shit today" FP said with a smirk then puts a cup of coffee in front of me and a bottle of aspirin "some birthday party you had" FP said as he sat across from me "I don't wanna talk about it" I mumbled, "did getting so drunk you couldn't stand up straight help, Sweet Pea said he and Veronica had to practically carry your ass into the trailer" said FP and I give him a smirk "I learned from the best didn't I" I said then get up and he gives me a glare "and it never solved a damn thing for me"FP tells me and I turn to him as I put my jacket on "where you goin" he asks me, I give him a glare "to solve my problems" I growled then leave.

I get on my bike and I knew my dad knew I wasn't going to solve anything I was going to go to Pop's and eat alone. I get to Pop's and I walk in to see Toni sitting at our usual table and I smirk as I slide into the booth "you know sometimes its scary how you know where I'm gonna be before I even get there" I said to her as I look at the coffee in front of me "even got you a coffee actually I only know because once again FP called me told me to keep an eye out for you and I knew that meant you were either coming here or Whyte Wyrm and I'm glad it's here instead" said Toni as she drinks her coffee, "I'm not completely self-destructive I can at least wait till 4 o'clock before hitting the Whiskey" I said with a chuckle.

Toni gives me a sad grin "seriously though Jug, what's the deal, what happened between you and Betty" she asks me and I sigh then look out the window and Toni reaches over putting her hand on my arm "Jug it's me, you tell me everything" said Toni, I look back over at her "we had a fight, I got really mad over what she did last night and I said some things I shouldn't have said and she broke it off" I tell her as I swallow that lump in my throat because not having Betty is breaking me already like I'm slowly dying inside because it's over and it's more my fault than hers.

Toni looks at me concernedly "why don't you want her a part of the Serpents, you've kept all of us safe, you've always kept me safe so why would you not be able to keep her safe" she said to me, "it's not that, I just don't understand why someone like Betty would want to even be a Serpent, I mean we've never let someone from the Northside join the Serpents and how are the other guys going to take to it, they barely liked the fact that she was around in the first place" I said and Toni leans on the table.

"Well if you want to be technical here, Alice Cooper is from the southside and was a serpent so by blood it kind of gives her rights to be a serpent too but of course it's up to you to initiate her. I also think she wants to be a Serpent to be a part of something to belong somewhere, you know what it's like to feel like you don't belong anywhere, you've been there Jug that's how you ended becoming a Serpent" said Toni and I don't say anything because she's right.

"I also think she wants to be a Serpent because she loves you" she tells me and as soon as she said that I paused from picking up my coffee "that's crazy why would she ever be in love with a dick like me" I said and sit back as our food comes "you might be a dick sometimes Jug but you aren't a complete dick" she said and I chuckle "I guess I can take that as a compliment, I mean you stuck around all these years so I can't be too bad right" I said with a shrug and she grins "well you could be a pain in the ass" said Toni and I smirk.

We are quiet for a minute until Toni breaks the silence with the question I don't want to answer even for myself "are you in love with Betty" she asks me and I don't answer "Jug" Toni said as I look away "we haven't known each other long just a few months how could I be in love, how would I even know if I was, I just know what I said last night ultimately killed everything and it's like I feel like my heart was ripped in half when she walked out that door and I got so shitfaced because I was mad and I just wanted to forget her, forget everything" I tell her and Toni grins "FP was right, you are in love with her, he saw it before any of us, I mean I knew you were happy but you've changed since she came around" said Toni .