Best Friends

Betty Pov

I put the whiskey bottle on the desk as Veronica turns to me officially with tears in her eyes "V, what's wrong" I ask her as she grabs the whiskey bottle opening it and taking a drink out of it "whiskey gross but whatever your boyfriend was nice enough to offer" she said with a sniffle "it's Archie I broke it off" she said with another sniffle and I look at her in shock "why" I ask concernedly, she sniffles again "because we had a fight about me coming to see you here, he didn't want me coming to the Southside and he kept telling me you were with a serpent now and I should just leave you alone that our friendship will be over soon enough and well I broke it off when he was basically telling me I shouldn't be friends with you anymore" she tells me leaving me even more shocked.

I hold back my own tears that someone I grew up with someone who was one of my best friends could say such things about me, "you broke it off because of me. you should've tried to work it out, I feel awful that this is like my fault" I said to her and she shakes her head "no it's not, it's girl code I mean you don't throw your girls away for a boyfriend and I know you have a life over here now and I don't care your boyfriend is  leader of the serpents, I just don't want to lose you as my best friend Betty" said Veronica and I smile "you aren't, Juggie is fine with any of my friends from northside coming to see me as long as he knows so he can warn the other serpents" I tell her with a grin, "I guess I should've called first but that guy was a dick either way" she said, I laugh "yeah well gorgeous you aren't exactly nice" said a voice behind me and I turn around.

Then I look back at Veronica who glares at Sweet Pea "listen fonzy I'm not really in the mood for you right now so why don't you just go to hell" she said to him as he looks her up down "I have a fucking name sweet cheeks it's Sweet Pea" said Sweet Pea and Veronica laughs "Sweet Pea, too bad there is nothin sweet about you" she said then takes another swig out of the whiskey bottle. Sweet Pea watches her and now I'm starting to think maybe Sweet Pea has the hots for V, even though he is being an ass.

Veronica gets up and walks to the door and ducks under Sweet Peas arm giving him a glare "your friend is really a bitch, a hot one but still she can lose the attitude" he growls then walks off "did you even want anything" I ask him and he turns back to me just as he was about to answer Jughead comes into the room "I think you need to keep an eye on your friend she's drinking like a fish down there" said Jughead.

Sweet Pea sighs "I'll keep an eye on her some of the guys might take advantage of girl like her even if she is a class A bitch" said Sweet Pea and Jughead just smirks "yeah you go keep an eye on her" said Jughead looking at me and I grin too because apparently he notices the thing Sweet Pea may have for Veronica.

Myself and Jughead go downstairs after Sweet Pea who stays at the bar watching Veronica. As me and Jughead sit down at the bar "what are you staring at" said Veronica irritably as Sweet Pea glares at her "are you ever nice" he growls and she scoffs "not to assholes" said Veronica, Jughead chuckles "can both of you give it a rest seriously, just ignore each other or go fuck somewhere" said Jughead with a shrug.