Chapter 37 : Cake

Ten's POV:

'There's no use crying Ten.' I said to myself as I went to my room, trembling in the process, and locked myself.

Blood is dripping from my hands non stop and if I didn't do anything soon, I don't know what will happen to me.

I'm scared but I need to be brave. I sitted on my knees as I removed the shattered glass in my skin one by one. Tears fell as I tried to keep my mouth shut from making any noise because of the pain.

There's one that's too deep that I can't help myself not to shout. "Arghhhhh" I groaned in pain as I  putted an old shirt, ripping it, and wrapped it around my hands.

I layed down in bed and crouched my knees closer to my chest. My eyes feels so dry and my face all sweaty. I feel cold. So cold. My hands reached for the duvet and let my body be drowned in it.

The night arrived and darkness covered every corner of the room.

I didn't move a single body part. I feel so weak. After a minute, someone knocked through my door. I flinched.

"Ten, you there?" It's Kai hyung. 

I tried to open my mouth but no words came out. My throat is too dry.

"Dinner is ready. Come down to eat with us." He knocked again.

"I - I can't" I speak up but I know it's not that loud for him to hear.

"Come again?"

"I'm good" I said loudly. "I'm full." Even my stomach is so empty.

"Are you sure?" He asked worriedly. "If you say so." With that, he left me alone.

Then midnight arrived. My tummy is rumbling and I feel so hungry. I went towards the door and I opened it slowly. I looked through the dark hallway  and I saw that everyone is already fast asleep.

I opened my phone as a source of light and I went to the kitchen. On the way, I noticed that the broken plate on floor is nowhere to be found. That means someone cleaned it and no one even bothered to say a word about the stain of blood. That only means my Step mom was the one who did the job.

I went to the kitchen then to the  refrigerator and when I opened it, there's no more leftovers. I guess they really believe the idea that I'm full. I heaved a sigh.

"What are you doing?" Someone called behind my back and my body jumped, my heart nearly stopping. Then the lights began to lit up in the kitchen.

"Are you stealing food now?"

I turned around slowly to see who it was. It's Jeno. I feel so embarrassed at my situation. I bowed down as I hid my hands began my back to hide it from his sight .

"If you want to eat something, here." He handed me a plastic wrapped bread. I gladly accepted it even if my hands are obviously shaking in nervousness.

"Don't think of this as a welcoming gift. I don't like you, keep that in mind." He glared at me. "I just happened to have some leftovers that I want to put inside the fridge."

But it doesn't look like a leftover though. I smiled at him, mouthing a "thank you."

"By the way, I was the one who cleaned the broken plate with some blood on it. He looked at my hands and averted his eyes on the floor.

If you're hurt, there's a first aid kit on top of that cabinet. He pointed the direction and I said "thank you." Again.

With that he left me alone . I went to the direction he pointed and aided my hands first before eating what he gave me. It hurts unwrapping the bread. After a minute or two, I finished it fast since I'm so hungry. I drank water and went straight back to my room.