Chapter 14 : Worry

Jeno heard about the news about his hyung. Gossips sure flies fast in this university.

"Jeno! Did you hear?" Chenle said with worry in his face. They are in the classroom with the rest of their classmates chattering to one another.

"What are you talking about?" Jeno replied, now facing Chenle.

"About your hyung."

"What about him?" Jeno glared at him. He isn't sure where this is going though. Mostly , their topic will only be only about their hanging together with the rest of the group.

"I've heard from Doyoung hyung that your brother was found crying. Doyoung hyung himself is panicking right now and-" Chenle was interrupted.

"What?!Where is he?! Can you-" Jeno shouted in the middle of the class that made other's attention focus on him..

The teacher came in. "Okay Class, please take your seat."

Everyone is going back to their proper seats while Jeno is still standing there in the middle of the class. He is really in deep worry about his hyung. There are only two reasons for Ten to cry since he is always the cheerful type. It can be that someone hurted him or he remembers his past.

"Jeno? Please take your seat." The teacher said. It made him awake from his daydream. He then sitted and the classes began but his thoughts are outside the room.

Jeno's POV:
(Memories of Ten from the past.)

We are a perfect family. Anyone who sees that agrees. There's no doubt about it. Even my classmates are envious of me. 'That's what I thought.'

My mom and dad are fighting endlessly and it continued for many weeks. We and Kai hyung don't know the reason behind it. Sometimes I blame myself that it may be me, but no.

One night I was going to give mom the results of my test papers. I want to show to her that I did well. As I was about to knock at the door of their bedroom, both of them are already fighting.

"How can you cheat on me?!" Mom shouted.

"Hey it was an accident, I didn't mean it to happen." Dad defended himself.

"You call that an accident?!" My mom said in anger. "What you mean by accident is that you hid a child that you made with another woman for years now!?"

"Honey, I can explain." Dad begged.

"Explain?!" She groaned. "Explain to me that kid is not yours!!!"

"I'm sorry."

"Is that all you can say?!" She continued. "And now you are asking me that we will adopt that child because his mother is dead and no one will take care of him but you!" She groaned.

"Please honey. That child doesn't have anywhere to go. His grandmother cannot sustain him anymore. I'm the only home he can come to." My father said in a low tone.

"Fine adopt him!" She said angrily. "But don't expect me to love that child!"

My Mom opened the door and saw me crying. I can't believe what I heard. How can this happen? I thought we are a perfect family.

"Jeno." She panicked and kneeled down. She wiped away my tears, cupping my face in her warm hands. "I'm sorry you have to hear that." She hugged me tightly.

-------

I went inside my room and cried endlessly laying on my bed. My endless sobs are loud and my eyes are red. I covered myself under my duvet and let the darkness envelopes  me.