Chapter 22 : Fireplace

Dark living room. That's all there is to it. No lights but the lights coming from the outside.

He sat in there in the couch as he tap his cigarette with his fingers on the ashtray. The sound of the clock is the only thing present.

He's deep in his thoughts, waiting. Waiting for someone to come. "Where are you?"

He held a glass of Champagne on his other hand as he drink it minute by minute. Drinking it with ease.

He looked at his watch and there he saw . "It's already 10 o' clock."

---------

"Thank you so much for today." Ten said to the older. He's hugging his bouquet and his white bear with him as he grinned.

"Glad you had fun." Taeyong hold Ten's head and kissed it. "Goodnight my Tennie."

"Goodnight Taeyongie. It's already late so be back home safe." Ten hugged the older. " I'll text you."

Taeyong hummed in response and went on his way. He bid goodbye and mouthing I love you's to Ten and the younger did the same.

Ten smiled as his face flushed red. He then turned his head to the gate of his house and opened it with his key coming from his pocket. He made his way inside to see the darkness.

No lights means Jeno is fast asleep. His cute little brother must be waiting for him but tonight may be not? He knows too well that Jeno waits for him when he gets home late but tonight's different.

He feels something is different but he tried to convince himself that there's nothing wrong.

He entered through the door and one thing welcomed him. A smoke coming from the living room.

He covered his nose with his hand to stop himself from further inhaling it.

He gulped as he saw a familiar figure sitting on the couch. He didnt expect him to be there. It's very unusual. He's suppose to be at work.

The only movement he does is smoking and drinking from his glass of Champagne.

Ten tried to be quiet as possible as he took a step on the stairs to his room. He makes sure that he doesn't make even a tiny sound as he climed.

"Is that how you say goodnight to your brother?" He said , enough for the younger to hear.

Ten stopped climbing up. He can't move knowing that he's been caught.

He heard a switch clicked that opened the standing lamp.

He looked at the couch and there he saw that his brother is already looking at him, standing with his hands on his pocket.

It's dark and the only source of light is the lamp beside his brother.

Ten felt scared as he saw his hyung smiling at him. His smile isn't the common smiles you'll see everyday.

He felt cold sweat flowing down from his head. "Hyung I-"

"Ten is such a good brother." His voice is too composed. "He always do his best in school to be able to come home this late."