Horror Is My Entertainment

Dedicated to EVERY PERSON READING ... you're AMAZING and i love u ! <3 All your support means the world to me. I've noticed every vote and comment I keep them all close to my heart. So once again , tnx for sticking by Breaking Hermione for real. You know who you are 🙏🏼💗 also creds to LadyTime11 - DeviantArt for the brilliant edit.
(◠ w ◠✿)
___________________________

Hermione's P.O.V

The suffocating feeling of side along apparition stopped almost as soon as it came, in a swirl of cloaks Professor Dumbledore and I arrived on the front doorstep of his house. I looked around, it had just began to rain. "We made it!" I breathed a sigh of relief. "That was so close!" I could've jumped for joy. I was so far away from Hogwarts now. Hallelujah. How was that evil bastard Tom going to reach me now?

Dumbledore turned to me, "Don't worry about Tom Riddle. After all, he is only a mere student, and it truly doesn't pay to fear him as you do. However, we can discuss that all later. For now, welcome to my humble home. Please do go inside, it wouldn't pay for us to chit chat in the pouring rain."

I stared at the door for a split second, hardly daring to believe I was really out of this horrible nightmare so soon. Dumbledore gestured to the door warmly, "Don't be shy. I assure you this is a safe place."

I stepped closer. The house was large, obviously an inheritance from his family. I paused but only for the most fleeting of moments before I walked inside the threshold, Dumbledore followed striding ahead of me down the hallway.

I only had one word for the place. Wow.
The inside was toasty and warm, very cosy and well kept. There were polished cherrywood floors and an assortment of all kinds of interesting items decorated on almost every table in sight. Almost everywhere were books. It was like heaven. Yay! My internal voice screamed. The walls were almost completely covered in various art pieces, a testament to the sheer artistry of Dumbledore's brilliant mind.

"Your home is lovely," I said genuinely, with gratitude I sat down on a soft squashy armchair placing my beaded bag down. I almost forgot how heavy the damn thing was, it really was a relief to get it off my shoulder.

"Thank you. I am extremely happy to have you here if I do say so myself. I do happen to own a number of things that would appeal to a fellow sharp mind such as yourself, also an uncanny knack to solve dark curses in record timing. Would you care for tea?" Dumbledore called from over in the kitchen.

I laughed to myself accepting the offer, taking the time to stare around the massive home. My head hurt suddenly for a second, a memory bursting through to the front of my mind. Rita Skeeters book, written about Dumbledore. It was in my bag. What was it called again?
The Life And Lies Of Albus Dumbledore I remembered. Reaching for my beaded bag I plunged my hand inside it reaching for what I knew to be it the very book itself. I knew I shouldn't have read it, but it was awfully fascinating, the details had been tweaked a lot of course but overall... Merlin, Hermione. I thought to myself. Out of all the memories to recall.... You remembered the contents of this book... Sheepishly, I placed book back not without a twinge of guilt.

The rain really started to hammer down outside, I snuggled deeper into the couch realising something I hadn't felt in a long time: security. Safety. It was hard to believe that mere moments ago I was trapped in that horrible solitary room in the Hospital Wing moments away from being caught out by Tom Riddle, the tall, pale Slytherin boy who seemed hellbent on destroying my life. Thank Merlin he didn't know where I was. I couldn't imagine what that'd be like. I don't even think I could've stomached seeing Shalini or Jade either, since they'd stabbed me in the back.

Don't think about them my mind chastised me. You can think about it later. Focus on the here and now.

I could've laughed. The "here and now" was all that I could focus on, since that bastard Tom stole my memories of my true identity and the future that I had come from.