Lies

whoever is reading this rn i ♡ you and wow omg ive been SO fkn busy im sorry I couldn't update sooner :c all your support makes me so happy im so grateful so tnx SO MUCH guys for real .

________________________

You know that feeling you get deep down in your stomach that tells you something bad is gonna happen?

Well it was the exact same feeling I got as I walked back down the corridor, twisting the new Time Turner around my neck anxiously.

Dumbledore was right, the old one had to have been cursed because I felt clear headed without it. Better. Less hopeless. But there was something else wrong. A new feeling. A sort of twisting in my gut, and it was with no surprise at all that I turned the corner and found Tom Riddle leaning against the stone in a  predatorial stance, his features lighting up with a horrible maliciousness as his dark eyes met mine.

"Hermione." He said softly. "I suppose you thought you'd try to get that useless old hag Dumbledore to help you?" Did he ever feel the need to stop tormenting me? Apparently the answer was no because he pushed off the wall.

"Tom." I said coldly. "So I suppose you decided to ambush me."

Tom eyed me in consideration, the smallest smile on his face. "Maybe." His voice was low, playful. I shot him a look.

"How did you even get let out of class, anyway?"

"I have my ways." Was all he said.

We started walking. With no one else in the halls except the few watchful portraits, I was feeling creeped out. Walking with Tom made me suddenly wish I was walking with Draco Malfoy or Pansy Parkinson.

"What did you do to Shalini?" I asked suddenly.

"Nothing she didn't ask for," His tone darkened. It was harder to see his face now it was concealed in shadow from the stone walls. It was now lunch break, and as much as I didn't want to, spending this time with Tom might be the only way I could get more information on Shalini and him. We walked outside together, tall brooding Tom and tiny midget me. Students left and right gawped at us, I tried to ignore them.

"You can't just not tell me what happened to my friend, Tom." I demanded. "I know you're up to something and I'm going to-"

"Lower your voice." Tom snarled, turning to me in the courtyard. "Do you really want to know what I did to her?" He stepped closer menacingly, his tall figure towering over me. "I will tell you. But not here right out in the open. Literally any of these fucking dumbass kids could be eavesdropping right now." He gestured around him. No one was watching us, but that didn't mean they didn't have a way of listening in.

I froze, stepping closer hesitantly. Finally, we're actually getting somewhere. "Fine. Well, let's find a better place to talk. Where should we go?"

Tom stepped closer too, coming out of the sunlight and into the shadows where I stood. I bit my lip, thinking. I could feel his eyes on me.

"The library," We said at the same time.

__________________

"Over there. By the window."

Tom motioned over to a small table at the back of the library, to my surprise the exact one I usually frequented during my schooling years helping out Harry and Ron when I was younger. I blinked, my eyes suddenly burning with tears. I needed to get a grip, but it was basically impossible when all I could think about was Ron and going home.

We walked over together sitting opposite each other. My heart was racing, not that Tom seemed to notice how uncomfortable I was, or perhaps it was more that he just didn't care.