34 | Catering to a Woman's Needs

"Turn it down."

"..."

"Turn it down, goddammit woman!"

My head snapped to my side at the man as I glared daggers into his eyeballs. Liam tested my patience as he glared back with one eye open, a scowl on his face. I could feel his fist— mere inches from mine— ball up into a fist.

He had changed into new clothes underneath his suit by simply unzipping the back, with no help from me as I was driving for the past few minutes.

"I shall, and I will, listen to Disney songs, if I want to! Don't talk to me, dumbhead!"

"Lord help me," He mumbled extra loud so that my brows twitched as I came to a stop at a broken stoplight extra fast. The both of us jolted forward a bit before slamming our backs back onto the front car seats.

"You just want to listen to Elsa sing, is that it? She your style? Sorry to break it to you but I like lions singing better."

"Shut up," Liam scoffed, closing his eyes and rubbing his temple with his free hand, "I get to listen to another round of 'Hakuna Matata.'"

"'Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside your self Simba, you are more than what you have become, you must take your place in the circle of life. Remember who you are... remember...'"

That got him to laugh. I chuckled and quieted down, listening to him have a breather.

"You just quoted Lion King?" He asked with amusement hinting in his tone as he smirked, closing his eyes again to rest. Little did he know that I quoted it for the situation as well.

"Watched it all the time when I was a kid," I responded instead, ending with a good note before grim thoughts could come.

"So what about them now, Lennon, your parents?"

"Now?" I was caught off guard as I glanced at the side of his face before peering back to the front. "They uh, um I... they're..." I began quietly.

How did my younger self respond to this?

Mother's missing, father's missing, something like that, huh? Well, how ironic that the same question came up again and I actually know the whereabouts of all of my family now, or at least that they exist.

Realizing that I had stayed quiet for a while, I smiled and quirked, "They've been doing their own thing. I've lost touch with all of them. Probably off in Egypt taking pictures with mummies for all I know."

I bit my lips gently as the lights finally turned green and I began driving once more, glancing at the GPS for where to go. "How about you?" I proceeded with the conversation cautiously, careful just to get him to talk about himself little by little. Even with the Liam before I couldn't say that I knew him at all either.

Liam stayed silent for a moment before he shifted to the right and leaned more towards the window of the car. "I don't remember," he finally answered gently, "I don't... know."

I let out an inaudible sigh as my lips pressed together in a thin line, eyes on the road. "What has... the R.U. told you on your matter? How did you start here? Pardon the questions by the way, I just haven't seen you around for years due to being missing for missions."

"So formal, drop the formalities," he lectured, "Just ask comfortably. I don't mind. Seems like everyone knows about me better than I knew myself when I came to and realized I was completely lost. Weird right? Worked for the R.U. my whole life and for some reason I just couldn't remember my earlier years, Jay told me it might be a serious side effect of being hurt from one of my mission. There was apparently a woman that gifted me a watch so that I could ensure my safety better. Never knew she could back-stab."