26 | It's Been Three Years

_____________________________________
| Quick Talk |

I know I've mentioned before that I predicted slow updates
But.
I feel bad for not updating last week
So what do I do?
I compensate by giving you guys an extra long chapter.
Like always.
_____________________________________

"GET DOWN," Aaron (Agent R) instructed, all four of us agents dropping down in extreme squats. About 20 bullets zipped across the room and pierced the air in amazing accuracy. All of our heads would've been off by now if not for Aaron's quick reflexes. As expected of the top ranked agent in the Assault division.

Jean (Agent P) reaches our her hand and I slid her a backup gun that I packed earlier, standing up and extending my arm with a quick, snap-like motion, fingers tensed around the trigger as it aims steady at the shadow figure that stood at the entrance.

Hunter (Agent A) shoots at the entryway, before the barrier gives way to hackers and a team of black suits with red strip marks on the sleeves of their upper arms.

I knew that uniform from somewhere.

"Evans," I made a quick comment to Jean, "You've worked with them before, no?"

The woman, widely known for being a deception agent, has gone on numerous missions as some sort of assigned forged identity. She glanced at me and then to the suits, then back at me.

"Definitely," She grunted as she replayed events in her mind that only god knows what, "One of them striked a dagger right down my back 5 years ago." Hunter caught a glimpse of our conversation and frowned, "Who?"

I gave her a sympathetic look. That was the reason why I was called in to take Jean's position, otherwise I had no purpose disguising myself as a nerd with braids and glasse-

My eyes snapped into a frown. What was this memory? The more I contemplated, the longer I dazed from reality. I saw pictures, from my own hand on a desk, spinning a pencil, to the braids that covered my expression, to the boy that poked me.

Tho.. ton.. Tom..? Tommy? Tomonthy? Tim- Timmy tho.. Thomas!

"LENNON," Shouted a familiar voice from behind, "WATCH OUT YOU FOO-

I reacted as I saw a body hurdle towards me, but I calculated in the little time between collision that I was too late. This was going to hurt.

Bracing myself, I was suddenly hurdled to the side against a different body that seemed to have the goal of protecting mine rather than smash it to bits.  Both of us let out muffled grunts as our bodies collided into each other's before sliding across the floor. I could tell he was male.

"Agent W," came my team leader from behind. I began the process of picking myself back up, glimpsing a peek — over the man that protected my fall — to the rest of the R.U. Agents. Chestin was all suited up from my line of vision and he stared at me in a degree of disbelief and concern.

The R.U. Agent that helped me just a moment ago quickly went to go deal with the hurdler that was supposed to be my threat, while I resumed back into the action as swiftly as I went out of it because I was in the front lines. I managed to dash a few feet forward before I skidded to an abrupt stop, snapping the wrist of one of the opposing team's agents and performed a round house kick, backing it up with my hind legs to make certain the woman fell down permanently. Make a 360 degrees turn and all around the main floor you could hear and see the snapping of bones, the grunts and growls of men, the shrieks and huffs of women, the bang and whizzing of bullets, and you could feel the confused tension and skill of every agent participating.