50

"Kev, I got soup," I said entering his apartment. We both had been released from the hospital a week earlier, but Kevin's leg hasn't gotten better. The doctor said he should just spend around two more weeks with the cast on his foot and he should be all ready to go. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting there watching a channel about stocks and what not. He turned and gave me a smile to die for. I handed him the soup and he put it down. 

"What are you watching?" I asked him taking a seat next to him. 

"Stocks," he said. "The economy is getting worse, we believe that the recession faded away, but I don't know-" he stopped talking when he noticed me not caring about the economy that much. I did care about the economy just not so much about stocks, but I guess stocks are part of the economy. "Anyways," he said grabbing his crunches and getting up, "I want to show you something," I nodded my head and got up also. He walked up to his window which opened stairs to the roof. 

"Kev, the doctor said you should rest your legs, not climb up the roof," I told him. 

"What do doctors know?" He asked me.

"I don't know," I replied. "I would guess that they know a lot since they spent ten years studying medicine," he huffed and placed his crunches down as he went through the window. After being outside, he grabbed his crutches. "Kevin," I groaned. He was not letting his feet heal properly walking on is like that, I grabbed unto the window and climbed out. We took the stairs up the roof. I let out a dee breath when I'm finally up there. I felt like I jus ran a marathon. "It looks beautiful out here," I said looking at the stars. 

The winter was nearly over and spring was beginning. The sky seemed cleared of any clouds, the stars were out doing their job which was shining down on the human population. "Yes," Kevin said. "There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight," he said. I looked down at the time, it was only ten and meteor showers often happened around midnight. 

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed. "I want to see it," I added with a smile. The last time I had a chance to see a meteor shower was in high school and I saw it with Kevin. We may or may not have used it as an excuse to spend the night together. We both told our parents it was an educational opportunity. 

"Yeah," he pointed behind me. I turned and noticed that there were blankets on the floor with food. I smiled, "would you do me the honor of watching the meteor shower with me?" He asked. I laughed and shook my head. We walked to the blanket and took a seat, Kevin followed. He then lay down on his back staring at the night sky, he pulled me towards him and I lay on his chest. 

"You think your landlord will allow us to be on the roof?" I asked Kevin. He laughed and shook his head. 

"Nope, but I can't start following the rules now," I got comfortable on his chest staring at the night sky. "I feel like I have been walking on a line, constantly trying to do the right thing even if it doesn't benefit me," he said. I looked up at him raising my eyebrow asking him what he was talking about. "I don't know," he continued, "just doesn't feel like me," he added. He rubbed my hair gently. 

"You say the most random shit," I told him. He chuckled, I felt his chest rise and fall.  "And if you feel like you've been following so many rules, do something crazy," I said. I got up and turned and look at him. He smiled and brought my face up to him and kissed me. "Like jump off a plane or something, after your foot is healed," he nodded his head and chuckled. 

"My foot is healed," he said. "Doesn't even hurt."

"Painkillers," I answered him. He nodded his head agreeing. 

"Bri," he called me. I looked at him, "I love you," he told me.

"I love you too," I replied. 

"Marry me," he said. I widened my eyes making sure I heard him correctly. "We were married before, but I mean a real one this time," I still didn't know if he was serious. "So, is that a yes or a no?" He asked me. Of course, it was a yes, I would love to marry him, especially that everything seemed to be behind us and we were moving on from everything.

I could honestly say that everything in my life was going great right now. I was happy, I felt like my life was stabilized, I had a job, and I was relying on anyone for once in my life. For one in my life, I felt free, happy, I felt great. Kevin waited for my answer and I laid on top of him, his eyebrows raised. I nodded my head not being to form the words he wanted to hear. "Is that the one crazy thing you want to do?" I asked him.

"No, marrying you is not crazy. After the accident I realized something, I almost died and it showed me that I can go anytime. I can walk out the house and not come back and I was afraid of that. I was afraid of dying."

"Kev, I think everyone is afraid of dying," I told him.

"But I don't want to be. When the times comes for me to go, I want to be able to say I have lived. I want to say I was happy for the years I had a chance to see. I want to be able to say I married the love of my life even after all the troubles and tribulations. That's why I want to marry you," he finished. He moved his hands into his pockets and pulled out a small black box. He brought it to my face and opened it, "so will you marry me?" He asked. "For real this time," he added.

I chuckled, "yes," I said. He grabbed my finger and put the ring on. I smiled, he grabbed my chin and kissed me. I was getting married...

AN

Have you ever seen a meteor shower?

Au Revoir...