27

I startled in my sleep making me wake up. The memories of what happened yesterday flashed through my mind. I was hoping it was just a dream. I was hoping that my father hadn't died, Kevin hadn't admitted that he cheated on me, and my sister hadn't come back. However, it was all the truth, it wasn't a dream, it was my reality. It was how I would be living now, my phone vibrated in my pocket which I guess was there from last night.

It was a text message from my mom, I stared at her name on the screen hesitating to open the message. After much debate with myself, I finally clicked on her name and opened the text.

Mom: Honey, where did you go? Please don't tell me that you didn't control your temper. I know you feel like I'm being heartless, but I do care about your father, I do feel sad that he died, mad even. I can't really believe that he is gone, he's never going to wake up again and I decided to let my self know that sooner than later. 

Your father would want his life to mean something, that's why I want to donate his organs. Honey, we both know your father would want to donate his organs. He loved helping others, it's who he was. They only need the consent of a spouse to get the organs, but I don't want to do this if you don't approve. I know how close you were to him, you were his little girl. Sometimes I actually questioned if you were the one married to him. The last thing I need is for you to hate me because I killed your father. Just think about this logically and what he would want. Call me back as soon as possible. 

I turned my phone off after reading the message, a tear fell down my cold cheeks. My mom was right, Cici was right, everyone was right. My dad would want to donate his organs. He would have wanted to give someone some extra months, years even. I sighed and wiped my face, I had to think about him and what would he want and not how I'm feeling right now. Right now, I felt like he was going to wake up one day, I felt like I shouldn't be giving him away without waiting for a few months. The people who need the organs probably don't even have a few months. 

I got out of bed and stripped my clothes off, I walked into the bathroom staring at myself in the mirror. My eyes looked puffy from all the tears I let out the day before. That last time I cried like that was the night Kevin broke up with me. The only difference was that my father was there to comfort me, he brought me ice cream and told me jokes until I forgot why I was even crying.

This time was different, he was the one I was crying for and he wasn't here to do anything to make me feel better. I took care of my hygiene needs and took a long cold shower.

After my shower, I put on a red pencil dress. My dad always said I looked good in red, I straightened out my hair letting it fall on my back. I put makeup on covering my baggy eyes. I put on some red lipstick that matched my dress. I believed in dressing well to make yourself feel better. I put on some heels and made my way down the stairs. As I walked into the kitchen I spotted Kevin making breakfast. He turned around when he heard me enter the kitchen. "Woah," he said looking at me. "I guess you're feeling better," he added.

"Thank you for bringing me home last night and staying with me when I asked," I thanked him since I didn't want to have any small talk. "I decided," I started. He looked at waiting for what I was going to say next. "I'm moving out," I added. "And I am going back to my old job."

"Bri, you can't move out," he said. 

"I can, the board already approved of our relationship. I 'll leave some of my clothes here so they can think I still live here. I'll do anything I can to make sure you stay C.E.O, but I can't live with you, Kev." I should have moved out before everything went south. I couldn't look him in the eye anymore and act like I was fine with what he did. What hurt most is the fact that I still wanted to be with him.