Language in front of grandma.

Start from the beginning

"They can if I draw the attention to myself by doing anything weird, like I don't know, talking to the air since all of you are invisible to the human eye. " I say and she gets quiet.

"I still don't get it." Jace says and I frown.

"Just drop it, I can't get in there."

"Okay we need a plan, on how to get in." Jace says, since we still don't know how to get past the gates.

"What about a glamour?" Isabelle suggests but Jace declines her idea. "Anyone working with Valentine will be able to see right through it."

"Can we ask Magnus bane to portal us inside?" Asks the redhead and Alec and me immediately say no.

I don't know why but the thought of the warlock right now makes my body go rigid with an unknown feeling.

"Magnus can only portal us to places he's been before." Explains Alec and I nod, pretending to already know that.

"Okay okay, well, what about going with Isabelle and Alec to distract them while me Adam and Clary go for the cup." Jace offers looking at me.

"Why can't I just wait here?" I sigh clearly not wanting to go anywhere near the police station.

"Because it isn't safe." Says Alec and I ran a hand through my hair.

"Okay, but I don't get to do anything that will even indicate that I am there." I say and the group nods, with expressions of confusion

^^^^^

"I'm guessing you're the distraction?" Alec asks Isabelle when we make our way inside the building.

The brunette shakes her head. "I've decided to grow up remember? No more distracting for me." She says. "Besides, I don't think I'm her type." She gestures to a lady sitting behind a desk.

"Don't worry, its good practice." She continues, offering a wink at Alec who looks beyond embarrassed.

"What for?" I frown upon hearing her words only to be given a playful smile in return.

"Oh, nothing." She says mysteriously and I just shrug it off.

Alec is ready to walk towards the woman but Isabelle stops him mid track.

"What...what are you doing?" He asks as his sister starts unbuttoning his shirt.

I watch amused as blood rushes to his face and he stumbles over his words, clearly embarrassed.

"Making yourself more presentable." She says to the older lightwood who's blushing furiously buttoning again his shirt.

"It's not like he needs it." I shrug before I have the time to think before uttering these words. My face heats up and I scratch the back of my head shyly.

The sibling are now looking at me dumbfounded, Isabelle with a huge green on her face and Alec shocked with flamed up cheeks.

"Y-you don't think I need it?" He whispers nervously. I stay there looking at him for a moment not knowing what to say.

God sky, you already messed up, just admit it and go on with your life. It's not the end of the world.

"No, I really don't." I reply with my eyebrows furrowed and he just gives me a nod, blushing and awkwardly walking away towards the lady.

Isabelle approaches me carefully, smiling mischievously.

"He doesn't need it?" She asks me wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.