Prologue

Jaemin and Haeyoung are playing at the sandbox.

"Don't mess with my sandcastle!" Haeyoung shouted at Jaemin.

"I will mess with it!" Jaemin said.

"Jaemin ! Come here!" The orphanage's principal calls for Jaemin.

"I'll come back." Jaemin said and smiled to Haeyoung.

Jaemin , the 6 years old boy walked to the principal office. In the office , there's a couple and their son , he assumed.

"Sit here, Jaemin." The woman said.

Jaemin obeyed her.

"Jaemin, this is your new family." The principal said.

He looked at the principal with shocked expression.

"F-family? I got a new family?" He asked.

The principal smiled and nodded.

He looked at the couple.

"I'm your mom. And this is your dad. And this your brother." She said.

"Hi! My name is Haechan! Nice to meet you! And you're so handsome! Mom I like him! I want him to be my brother!" The son said , looks like he's in the same age with Jaemin.

Haechan come closer to Jaemin.

"Hi." Haechan said.

"Oh hi.." Jaemin said as he flustered by Haechan.

"Jaemin, go to pack your things." The principal said.

Jaemin bowed and go out from the office. He can't believe that he got a family. He's happy but sad at the same time. He's going to leave Haeyoung alone. Haeyoung doesn't have any friends besides him. He packed his things and went to Haeyoung who's still playing with the castle.

"Haeyoung." He called with his small voice.

Haeyoung looked at him.

"I'm leaving.."

"What?"

"A family wants to adopt me." He said.

"Jaemin.." She said and her eyes start to tear up. She experienced this several times already. Her bestfriends always get adopted and her turn never come.

"Jaemin-ah! Let's go." The family called for him.

"Bye Haeyoung. Till we meet again." He said and walked away.

But , will they meet again?

---

Jaemin's POV

"Yah Na Jaemin. Come here quickly! I want to eat!" Haechan shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm coming." I said as I go downstairs.

"You should be more patient. Can you?" Mom said.

I laughed when mom said that to Haechan.

"Mom.. I have a favor." I said.

"Yes go ahead."

"Can I go to visit my old orphanage? I never go there since I came here and it's already 11 years." I said.

"Sure dear. We'll go whenever you want." She said.

"Can we go by tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded.

Yes, I miss Haeyoung.

---

After 2 hours on the highway, we finally arrived at my orphanage. I asked Haechan and mom to stay in the car.

It has change. Of course, it's been 11 years after all. I greeted the principal and she invited me to her office.

"You've grown up well." She said.

"Thank you." I said and smiled.

"How old are you now? When you left, you were six." She asked.

"I'm 17 years old now." He said.

"It's been 11 years then." She said and I nodded.

"Mrs Kang , may I ask where is Haeyoung?" I asked.

"Jang Haeyoung? Your bestfriend?" She asked.

I nodded.

"She's not here. She left 7 years ago." She said.

"Really?" I asked out of disappointment.

"When you leave , she was always alone and she said that she missed you a lot. Now that I see you , I don't know if she could remember you or not. You've changed a lot and I couldn't remember you at first." She said , smiling.

"Do you want to know her adoption story?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"There's a volunteering event and one of volunteer is married and don't have any child. She likes Haeyoung a lot and decided to adopt her." She smiled , looking at the photo album. There's a lot of Haeyoung pictures and my pictures. I know Mrs Kang adored Haeyoung so much. She must be missing her as much I do. We both talked like 2 hours and finally bid goodbye.