#63 Thank You - Go Raibh Maith Agat

I woke naturally with the sun shine reigning down on my curled body. My knees were tucked into my chest as I lay on my side clutching my locket with one hand and the journal to my stomach.

Lyle appeared moments later, her head popping up just enough so I could see her wavy hair tucked behind her ears allowing a full view of the content smile planted on her face. She stood on the ladder as she beckoned me to join her downstairs for breakfast.

It took me longer than usual to get dressed. Not because I was mulling over my outfit choices – I really didn't have much in the way of fashion besides my B&B t-shirts – but because I couldn't seem to focus long enough to take something off the hanger. The saying 'one leg at a time' held a different meaning for me as I struggled to choose a pair of clean pants.

When I finally got dressed in jeans and tank top – the closest thing I had to country club attire - I met Lyle and Frankie downstairs. Upon giving Frankie a once over I didn't feel that bad about my clothing choice. He was wrinkled from the collar of his flannel to the cuffs of his dark jeans.

"You're going to stick out like a sore thumb." Lyle grinned plucking at his clothing as he shooed her off.

"Oi, this is what all the millionaire entrepreneurs dress like down in silicon valley."

"We are on the other side of the country Frankie."

"So?"

"So, compared to their ironed button downs you look like a bum."

He put his hands on his hips and stuck his chin out. "Well then I like it." In one exaggerated movement Frankie turned on his heel and strutted back into the bathroom throwing a pouty look over his shoulder.

I giggled at the action partly because of Frankie's mockery and partly because of the nervous energy I felt building in my gut. I looked to Lyle for assurance. She dressed no differently than I in dark jeans and a simple top to match.

"Maybe we should borrow some clothes from Grace – at least a scarf for you and I." I placed my palm over my locket and thought about Frankie. "I'm sure Tony has some nice shoes that would fit Frankie."

As soon as the suggestion left my mouth the door to the bathroom inched open a crack and Frankie stuck his head out. "Hell no. The day I put on anything but my trusty converse," He stuck his foot out the door displaying the material that at one point used to be white. "Is the day I die."

With that he slammed the door.

Early in the morning Frankie went into the Club's scheduling software adding a membership appointment for us at eleven. I suggested we call to 'remind' them of our appointment but Lyle didn't want them to have the chance to reschedule.

"Worst comes to worst, they are busy and allow us to walk around the property." She grinned and I knew that was exactly our plan. One way or another Lyle and I were to sneak away from the attendants and poke around the Bull Frog Country Club's expansive property.

"Are we sure he isn't going to be there?" I didn't want to say his name, and I didn't have to as Lyle sobered.

"He works every day until one when he takes a late lunch, usually with investors, politicians that sort."

"But what if he has some business meeting at the Club? We can't predict that. He said he's taking over the company in less than a week, wouldn't that cause for celebration?" The image of Monroe clinking champagne glasses in a room filled with wealthy unscrupulous businessmen made my stomach churn.