A Witcher's work is never done

As the witcher Y/n went to the laboratory that Geralt told him about that the scientist have found a way to make the mutations stronger though he will need some eggs from a rare giant centipede which he did and it was part of a contract so a win win. Geralt also mention to get some greater mutagions to get these new mutations which he did get all and it was a bit of a not well experience.

Y/n's pov

Alright now that it's done and I feel like I just drank two decoctions at once. Still I feel like I gotten stronger,faster and I can feel I can take more toxicity and my sign magic feels stronger. I can see why Geralt invested much time and this it's all worth it. Now I need to get back on the little assignment I got. I still got swords and armor but I made two extra swords of the grandmaster wolven steel,and silver swords and a extra Grandmaster wolven armor with two others I keep just I case. Since its better to have them and not need them rather than need them and not have them. Though I did put the same runes on the swords that cause a bleeding effect and can help cut through armor. Since I did face some monsters that are armored like those damn insectoinds. Like the armored arachasae it was sure a pain in the ass to deal with. Luckily I trained my igni to be able to burn through armor to take it down. But it is better to be safe if I got it in my swords and use other signs that will help.Along with my potions,oils and bombs which were superior and my crossbow which was a relic and different kinds of bolts. Herbs and food and water etc the essentials stuff. Now then as I got out and got back on Jen and tyke was there we continue forward until arriving at the cave and hoped off. I approached it and took out a torch and got in as tyke followed behind we look around and turn around the bend and see what the people were talking about. I see a portal open and it was blue around and black in the center. The crystal there all lighten up.

Y/n: So someone must've activated the portal but who.

I took a look around and used my Witcher senses to find something until I heard tyke bark.

Y/n: What did you find boy?

He guided me to a dead body and I got a closer look at it.

Y/n: Hmm male around his 17s seems like he died of blood loss strange there are signs if a monster attack. He must've of been cut by something sharp if these wounds say anything. Three claw marks either a hag or a drowner still no doubt a necrophage did this. Though his apparel seems a bit off.

Indeed his clothes don't seem to be from here. A mix of bright color that look like a shirt and shirt pants not made with any material I know off. Though that might be since I mostly wear medium armor. I decided to search him and found something. Still what shocked me was that this young kid was killed. As I look at the weird object something fell out and it had his picture along with his name.

Y/n: Sky, Huntsman in training,from Beacon academy. Huh never heard of it. You tyke.

Tyke shook his head no.

Y/n: Alright it seems this kid was fighting a monster that he knew no knowledge about and got heavily injured and activated the portal on his end somehow and cross through. Whatever did this to him didn't follow. He died slowly of blood loss. Not a good way to die. *sign*

Third person

As Y/n was looking at the dead boy and the portal. He knew that this kids parents don't know of his fate. They deserve to know but he knows he can't revive him but only avenge his death.

Y/n: Looks like we need to go through the portal and see what kill this kid and kill it. Also make sure to close the portal since I don't want to risk anything crossing over on both sides.

Any normal person would be frenzied from seeing this but for Y/n it was normal since it has been proven possible to go to other worlds. Like the conjuction of spheres for example and some of his and Geralt's tales. He called for Jen and took out a cloth and wrapped it around the body and hoisted it up. Guided Jen and tyke follow through the portal we appear and he notice that the Crystal was in the other side and and as they approach dither the cave the portal died down.