Seven: Awkwardly On Top Of

My fist pounded on the door, for the fourth time in the past ten minutes, and I continuously kept checking the time on my phone. Where were they? I had to get this done! I went to slam my hand on the door again, and did, once before the door swung open to reveal a sleepy Louis. My hand nearly collided with his face, had he not put his own hand up to stop it.

“Hey, calm down!” he said, releasing my arm.

“Sorry,” I said, shaking my head. “I’ve been knocking for ten minutes. What were you doing?” He didn’t answer, but averted his gaze to the ground. “Louis? Did you go back to sleep?”

He sighs, “Sorry...”

I shake my head at him and give a playful tsk tsk as he invites me inside their apartment, which is messier than it had been yesterday. I spot a clean, white wall on the far west side of their apartment, and think that it’ll be a good background for the photo. “So the other guys aren’t awake then?”

Louis shrugs as he closes the front door. “I’ll wake up Niall. He’s the easiest. Zayn and Harry you’ll struggle with, but Liam shouldn’t be too bad...” He disappears around the corner before I can say anything and I yell out to him quickly.

“Louis!” he pokes his head around the corner. “Where are there rooms...?” I ask, biting my lip.

Louis shakes his head and laughs a bit. “This way,” he says, leading me around the corner to where he was going before. He stops in front of a door. “This is Liam’s. He should be the easiest to get up out of your few, so I’d start with him. He’s the best at waking up Zayn,” he adds, nodding, then heads off to what I assume is Niall’s room.

Taking a deep breath, I push the door open and stick my head into Liam’s room. Oh god I hope they all have pants on I think, walking up to the ball covered in blankets in the middle of the bed. “Liam?” I whisper. Why am I whispering? “Liam!” I yell. Nothing. Suddenly I remember the air horn app that I bought on my phone and quickly pull it out. It probably won’t be loud enough, but it might help.

I fumble around, searching through my apps for a while before I find the one I’m looking for. “Please don’t hate me,” I whisper, my finger pressing down on the button. A loud ring echoes around the room and Liam suddenly sits up straight in bed, eyes wide. I stop pressing the button, and Liam’s gaze rests on me, turning confused.

“Jaz?”

“Sorry,” I murmur. “Louis said you’d be the easiest to wake up.”

“Probably,” Liam says, sighing and rubbing his eyes. “Who’s next on the list?”

“Zayn,” I say, biting my lip. I’m glad he doesn’t ask why I need them all awake, because it’d probably take me a while to explain, and I’d rather just tell them all as a group.

 “Oh,” he says, leaning over and shuffling around in his bedside table drawer. “You’re going to need this.” He hands me a mirror.

“Why...?”

“Even if you wake Zayn up, he won’t get up,” Liam explains. “So, if his eyes open, shove the mirror in his face, and when he sees that his hair is not perfect, he’ll be up and out of bed faster than you can say his name.”

I laugh. “Seriously?”

Liam nods in response. “I’ll be out and ready in ten minutes,” he says.

“Thanks,” I say, leaving his room and heading back out down the hall. I almost run into Louis, who’s got a sleep Niall under his arm.

“Where’s breakfast?” Niall says groggily.