The Dark Knight.

Börja om från början

Emma looked up. “Well, g-good writing is when you...have many readers and people like what you read. When they want to publish your work.”

Suddenly the professor made a loud buzzer noise. “EH. no. Next! You over there, name and answer.”

Another guy tried his luck. “My name is Luke Professor Downey and I think that good writing is, when you write about something you really really love and-

“EH. Next.”

It went on and on for the next 20 minutes. Then Maya raised her hand, a more confident girl, always rearranging her hair and trying to catch his attention. She was known for getting better grades by using her good looks.We didn't like each other very much.

“Well Sir Downey, the thing about good writi-

“EH. Don't call me Ser Downey, I'm not a knight.”

She tried to regain his attention by raising her hand again. “But Sir, I didn-

“Wait!” He raised his hand and held it, in front of her face, so she stayed quiet.

“Well, I think we have someone that is quite amused by you Miss Maya.”

I didn't recognized it, I just had to chuckle when she called him the wrong way. Because there was so much attention on calling him right, it seemed so ridiculous to me. Sadly, he heard me and moved his attention towards me. “Aha. The girl with the good math skills.” He said teasingly.

I raised my head and glared at him. “Apparently, you seem to be amused by something. Enlighten us with your wit.”

I tried to contain my giggling, but it just didn't work. The situation seemed more and more silly.

“I'm sorry, Sir.” I said, finally stopping the chuckle.

He raised one eyebrow. “Well, then answer my question.”

The professor put his hands in the pocket of his jeans and leaned sideways against the table in front of me. His glance on me, the dark eyes, furious I didn't obey to his masterful rules.

Slowly I started to speak. “There is no such thing as good writing.”

His serious face changed to a surprised expression. “Explain yourself.”

“Well, there is no such thing as good writing, it doesn't exist. There is only writing, surely somebody can judge a piece and say that his/ her writing his good or bad. But his opinion will always be subjective. No opinion ever, is impartial. And the whole business of authors, journalists, writers and the actual writing, is based on a system of 'pleasing' the right people and giving them what they want. And when you're lucky, maybe you even like the same thing. When you don't you'll probably end up with unread stories laying around your one room flat full of homeless cats. Well, because you don't have the money to buy yourself a cat on your own. And I assume from listening to his speech about himself, our Robert here is quite good at kissing peoples ass.”

That's were I finished, with a winning smirk on my lips. And that's where everyone gasped and stared at the professor, waiting for his reaction. He just stared at me with his eyes getting darker each and every second.

And that's when Maya interfered. “Professor Downey, shouldn't Aria get a detention now? I mean, she certainly disrespected you and your work and laughed in class.”

He didn't even react to her, just continued looking at me. Then he leaned forward, close to my face. And whispered. “You're lucky that you're right. But don't get cocky or I will show you how much of a fucker I am.”