"what? i-i would never steal anything, hyu- i mean yoongi." he said.

"really? because i'm pretty sure you have my heart."

the whole room went silent at that.

'was that a confession just now? holy fuck' i kept asking myself, and it appears nobody else could believe it either besides the director who smiled happily.

"park jimin." he paused. "will you be mine?"

—flashback end—

"jin?" i heard namjoon say with eyes still on the road.

"y-yeah?" i was caught off guard.

"it's about 2 o'clock right now, we have like 40 minutes to go somewhere and get a good photo. any suggestions?"

i thought about this for a bit.

if we were seen in public, people
might think we were actually together.

"um, why don't we just do something at one of our homes? it could get troublesome if rumors started about us." he nodded in agreement.

"mine or yours?"

"i just cleaned my place so i don't mind..." i offered.

"okay..." the air was a little awkward—the two of us don't usually hang out alone together.

the quiet car ride ended, and eventually we were sitting at the bar style kitchen counter.

"so..." he started. "what are we gonna do?"

nervously, i looked around the room hoping to find something.

"oh!" i got up. "we can cook something together! we can even bring whatever we make to the party." i smiled.

"cook, of all things?" i said with an 'are you serious' face.

"we have no time to watch a movie, and playing a card game sounds like one of the lamest things to do on a date ever. take your pick." i sassily put a hand on my hip.

"fine, fine." he sighed. we made our way around the counter.

"when dating people cook together, it's usually a pastry. do you know how to make any?" he asked.

"yeah, go get me a mixing bowl."

20 minutes passed.

"yah!" i yelled at him laughing.

"what's the problem, jin-hyung?" namjoon said with a wide grin, acting as though he hadn't just splashed me with water.

"oh, nothing joonie." i put my hand under the running faucet and threw water in his face.

"you chose the wrong person to get into a water fight with! they call me the destructor for a reason!"

for the next five minutes, we had a water fight. i could honestly care less how absolutely screwed over my kitchen is right now, because i can't remember the last time i had this much carefree childlike fun.

"ah, wait!" i said remember why we were here in the first place. "let's take a picture!"

"looking like this?" the boy of us were drenched and the kitchen was in no better shape than us, maybe even worse with all the leftover cooking ingredients.

"doesn't matter, i had fun!" i grinned.

i held the phone up and snapped the picture.

"okay, i'm gonna need to borrow some clothes for the party since these are all set now."

"are you okay with pink?"

"of course i am."

i smiled at him a little shocked. he's the first guy who didn't laugh at me or scoff when i offered pink clothes.

for the first time in several years, i was able to forget about my unrequited love.

CHAPTER END

👀