Chapter 34 - Ryan

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to riya_thewriter and OpeyemiD for the consistent votes :)
riya_thewriter here is a quick update as requested!

As Ryan watched, the old lady shimmered away and a younger woman stood before him.

He frowned, confused.

He didn't recognise this dark haired woman who sneered at him.

She looked like she was in her mid thirties, dressed in a striped tank top and jeans, with silver hoop earrings dangling from her ears. But what struck him were her polka dotted sneakers. They were something a teenager would be more likely to wear.

"Do you know me, Ryan?" The strange woman asked in a sing song voice. He got the sense that she was mocking him.

He looked at the figure uncertainly, not sure what was Amy trying to do now.

He tried to yank open the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Well, do you?" She hissed, anger sparking out of her eyes.

Ryan flinched. "No..." he whispered.

"I am the one your father really loved. And you were the reason he left me!"

Ryan blinked, his confused mind trying to make sense of this sudden revealation.

"You knew my dad?" He asked, bewildered.

"Your mother, manipulative bitch that she was, got pregnant with you. And your father chose her... chose you... and left me!" Her voice grew shriller and louder with every word.

Ryan looked into the furious eyes of this woman and for the first time since Amy came into his life, he felt really afraid.

This creature didn't even seem like Amy anymore. She seemed like someone else. Like a malevolent spirit come back from the grave to hurt him.

"Who... who... are you?" He stammered.

The woman grinned like a shark. "I'm Jenny."

Ryan tried to think back to his life with his dad and mom. He didn't ever hear either of them mention a Jenny.

But his mother had always been so unhappy. And his father had hardly ever been at home. He knew that beyond the facade of their happy family his parents had lives he knew nothing about.

Jenny's face twisted into a cruel smile. "Never mentioned me, did he?"

Ryan shook his head hesitantly.

"Your father was a coward." She hissed. "And your mother was a whore."

Ryan felt his anger rising despite the circumstances. "Shut up!" He shouted.

The apparition laughed. "So much sass for a little boy." Her eyes narrowed. "Your existence destroyed my life."

Her voice rose to a shriek, "I shall kill you!"

Ryan turned away, desperately tugging on the knob.

Before he realised what was happening, a shock jolted through his arm and he was thrown back. He saw sparks fly off the knob as his head hit the wall.

And he blacked out.