The letter

I didn't expect Mehmed to allow me to stay but I didn't expect him to so easily ask me to leave the room either. 

Though considering the coldness that was between us I should have seen this coming.

"Clarisse please leave."

"Yes." I bowed down to both Aysa and Mehmed and began leaving the room. As I was exiting my sight went towards her hands where she held a note. 

I will be honest I had an urge to grab the letter and run and I could have done this with ease. But I wasn't sure about Mehmed's mood and I didn't want to spoil it further. Hence I decided to approach the situation more subtly.

After I exited the room, I waited for a minute looked around the hallway before I pressed my ear against his room. 

"Mehmed what I am about to tell you must stay between us. But first I need you to relax and listen to me carefully." 

Aysa carefully lowers her voice and continues, "I have received this letter from Valide. Though I have sent a servant to confirm the legitimacy of it.

"What does the letter say?" Mehmed asks. I sense tension in his voice.

Ayse remains silent, I sense her hesitation.

"What is it?" Mehmed demands. I hear footsteps and a bit of rustle then Ayse continues, "I have sent a servant to confirm its legitimacy."

"Ayse I can't wait around. I must leave this place at once." Mehmed announces.

"We cannot make any decisions in a rush. If this is a trap then we are finished."

"If this is real then I'm finished." 

"Mehmed..." Ayse tries to calm Mehmed down.

Unable to control myself, I barge into the room and I quickly run towards Aysa and grab the letter and run back out locking the room doors by a fire iron.

"What is the meaning of this?" Ayse screams at me from inside but I ignore everything and quickly open the scroll and it only takes me a minute to recognize the handwriting.

After I hear Mehmed ask me to open the door, I open it and enter while closing it behind me. Sehzade Ayse out of anger grabs me by my hair and throws me on the floor. she is about to hit me again when I shout, "This letter was not written by Kosem Sultan." 

Sehzade Ayse freezes right on the spot. 

"This letter was not written by Kosem Sultan." I repeat myself.