Whispers in the corridor

I kept running until I had reached the Harem

I quickly fixed myself and calmly entered the Harem. Luckily for me, it was nearly empty (due to classes time) so I ddin't have to explain to anyone why I was so out of breathe. 

 I quickly went towards my bed, pulled up my mattress, and pulled out some of the jewellary and some dresses Jannat had gotten made for me. I was about to leave when out of the corner of my eye I noticed Bulbul Agha holding her and carrying her to her room.

Yasemin was a new slave girl to our addition. However because (as the rumors suggested) she had been presented by Humasah Sultan (Aunt of our King) she had quickly become his favorite concubine. She was pretty, well mannered, young and could draw. All the slave girls believed that she would beat Kosem Sultan and win over Ahmed Sultan's heart and rule the kingdom. 

I noticed themas they quickly enter her room. They had entered so quietly that it couldn't be helped that nobody had noticed them. But I did.

I found myself slowly walking up the stairs to the landing of the favorite concubines room. Later that week I would curse myself for that decision; but my inner turmoil that something was incredibly wrong and that something big was about happen forced me to go upstairs.

I quietly moved upstairs; luckily for me the room door was slightly ajar. I pressed my body against the door and only managed to peek in a bit.

"This is the last time I promise." Bulbul Agha exclaimed. he sounded extremely desperate.

"I can't do it anymore. Ahmed Sultan is very kind to me, and you saw what just happened, Kosem Sultan will kill me. Please I won't do it anymore." Yasemin begged.

Gathering a little courage I peek into the room and see Yasemin on a sofa with a vial in her hand and BulBul on the floor pushing her to take it.

"Girl! Come to your senses! Safiye Sultan sent you here for one reason only. She bestowed you with so much gratefulness. Now it is time to show your loyalty."

"Please Bulbul." Yasemin begs.

"Quiet!" Bulbul orders her. 

I deduced based on the shape of the bottle and the fact that Safiye Sultan had tried to assasinate Ahmed Sultan in the past that Yasemin had been sent to kill Ahmed Sultan. At that moment my mind kept telling me one thing again and again. Go tell Kosem Sultan, Go tell Kosem Sultan. 

I decided to listen to my instincts again for the third time that day.

I quickly left the landing came downstairs. As I left the harem I saw another slave girl Aisha  entering the harem.

"Aisha!" I exclaimed, "I need to do some work but can you please give this to Angela. The new slave girl who came today. She is in the Hamam."

Aisha was one of the rare sweet and kind slave girls who I had learnt to trust in a harem filled with untrustworthy girls.

"Sure." She replied politely and started heading towards the Hamam.

I thanked her twice and started heading towards Kosem Sultan's room direction. Once again setting in stone my ultimate destiny.