Talking to Jannat

A few days had passed since my meeting with Kosem Sultan. And a lot of events had taken place subsequently. Within 24 hours of me informing Kosem Sultan about Yasemin Hatun, Yasemin Hatun had apparently fell from riding a horse and was now dead. Angela had been renamed as Meleksima and had been presented to Shehzade Osman who had given her a room on the Concubine floor.  Shehzade Mustafa who had been in the Golden Cage (A lavish prison for princes as an alternate to executing them.) for the past 15 years had been freed.

Rumors had been spreading about the events that had taken place and though usually I would take no interest in them, the rumors about Yasemin Hatun accident being a murder did spike my interest. 

I desperately wanted to ask Kosem Sultan about what had happened, wanted to make sure that these rumors were false. That she had no hand in Yasemin Hatun's  death, but she had ordered me to forget the whole incident and I being a person who didn't want to disturb peace, felt that my position required me to do nothing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kosem Sulatn wants to see you." Jannat ordered me. I had been pretending to read while eavesdropping on the other slave girls conversations. I nodded in response and followed after her. 

We used the shortcut to get to the chambers. It gave me flashback to the stranger I had met there. The young handsome boy who was quite well dressed and seemed and acted like an important person. Because of all the events that had taken place following our meeting,  I had nearly forgotten about him. I found myself glancing sideways expecting to see him again but nothing of that sort happened. Instead I realized that Jannat being her snarky self was in fact  highly distracted.

 I wasn't fond of Jannat, but her passive behavior forced me to strike up a conversation with her.

"Jannat? Are you feeling well?" I asked we continued to walk.

"Yes." Jannat replied passively.

"Jannat," I stopped her and made her face me, "You seem bothered. What is it?" 

Jannat slipped  her arm from my grasp, "Why are you bothered?"

"Because you guided me on how to earn Kosem Sultan respect. I am just returning the favor. I don't like to stay in debt." I slightly lied. I wasn't grateful to her for her advice because I wasn't interested in them. But she did guide me and I could use that to my advantage.

I could tell Jannat wasn't convinced but she replied, "I need to talk to Kosem Sultan about something that I am convinced she'll say no to. " 

"Build a strong case, present facts and logical reasoning and I am sure she won't say no." I tried to give the most honest advice I could.

"It's not going to be that simple." She replied and started walking towards the hall end that lead to Kosem Sultan chamber.

"Jannat," I chased after her, "Just try. In fact I want you to talk to her first and then present me to her."

Jannat looked at me skeptically, before knocking and entering the room, "Okay. Pray that I succeed."

"As God wills." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: 

A quick update before my exams, so that I don't feel guilty about the hiatus.

Shout out to HopeVainProductions welcome to my story. Hopefully you come to enjoy it very much. 

P.S: Next chapters teaser: 

Clarisse meets the handsome stranger again and gets offered an interesting proposition by Kosem Sultan.