22

i walked downstairs and into the backyard where i saw a large in ground pool, an outdoor bar, barbecue, large speakers, big radio, and multiple kegs. there were tons of tables running along the outskirts of the yard that contained red solo cups and bottles upon bottles of hard liquor.

from my understanding duff wanted to keep the party outside but there were always the wanderers who get into the house and eventually that brings everyone else inside. hawkins tradition.

but just incase that happened we had many tables with liquor on them along with cups. there were four large bowls filled with juice and different alcohol concoctions. i looked around at the bare walls and knew we needed halloween decorations quick. i grabbed rolls of toilet paper from the bathroom and ran them loose throughout the house, wrapping them along ceiling fans, tables, chairs, hand railings, everywhere throughout the house. i also took some outside and wrapped it around tables and the sound system, decorating the kegs.

i was out of ideas so i left the decorations at that. i looked down at my outfit and shook my head as i laughed. i took a magazine from the coffee table and sat on the couch in the living room. i heard the boys yelling and then a crash like someone got pushed into something. i let out a soft laugh before i heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and an assembly line of five boys being the source of noise. i set down the magazine and smirked at their appearances, how they looked so damn good as killers and a karate kid.

axl was in front, his freddy krueger sweater dark with dirtiness and the effect to scare you. he had the clawed glove strapped to his hand and he waved eerily at me as he winked at me.

slash was behind him, his jason voorhees hockey mask on his face with the jacket to go with his costume. his luscious hair flowing as he walked down the long staircase. he had a machete in hand and ran it along his fingers.

steven behind him, the psych ward jumpsuit dirty as well to add to the horror factor. kitchen knife in hand and pale white michael myers mask hiding his admirable features.

izzy was next, he was totally gone on a high quest in his mind but his body was dressed in a karate outfit with a bandana tied around his head.

finally came duff, the black jeans hugging his body, the black leather jacket left unzipped with the cutoff leather gloves to match. dark sunglasses clouding his beautiful eyes to serve the costume.

i stood up and walked over to the group of boys who proudly wore their costumes knowing that tonight was going to be rad.

"let's get this party going." duff yelled out and walked into the backyard where he turned on the sound system and played, 'round and round' by ratt. i smirked at the song selection and began singing while i made myself and the other boys drinks.

night fell quite quickly and the floods of people began to pour in and pretty quickly the music was loud and lights were changing. i saw a couple familiar faces throughout the party, the usual crowd who showed up at parties and made their mark on the town. i was partly hoping to see billy but at the same time i didn't. i wanted to see him because i wanted to make him jealous to see me hanging around and matching duff, but at the same time i didn't want to see his fucking face after all he's done. i hated myself for always wanting him.

i felt a large hand on the small of my back and i turned sharply to see the gorgeous flowing hair and beautiful face of duff. i smiled up at him and he handed me a solo cup filled with substances i didn't know but i was eager to try.

"how you doin, babygirl?" he question as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling my body into his nearly bare chest.

"i'm pretty alright baby, how are you?" i smirked up at him, he smiled at my nickname and bit his lip softly.

"pretty good, parties got a nice turnout. good thing people have stayed out back for now." he shrugged and let out a sigh before taking a large gulp from his own drink. i nodded at his statement and hummed softly.

"dance with me, duff?" i questioned him and he laughed softly.

"drink your drink and we'll dance all you want." he winked down at me and i nodded, i took large drinks from my cup and finished it within seconds. i felt a bit woozy and admired the burning the alcohol had done on my throat.

"thank you for the drink." i smiled at him and set it on the table behind me and took duffs hand in mine leading him out to the grass area so we could dance.

i wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and felt his arms wrap around my waist, i rested my head on his chest and kissed his collarbone softly, the playing of 'hotel california' by the eagles starting as we danced. i softly sang along to the lyrics i had perfectly memorized and felt duffs hand run through my curly hair. i smiled against his chest and kissed it softly.

"what the fuck is going on here, rhiannon?" a deep angered voice yelled from across the yard. i knew that voice, who in the world. "get the fuck off her, now." i was racking my mind to match the voice to a name.

i felt a large hand on my shoulder pulling me away from the comforting grasp of duff, i looked up at the angered stranger and felt extremely dizzy and light headed. i felt as if the yard was spinning and stumbled into the strong arms of who took me away from the comfort. before i could recognize the face my vision went black and my body limp.