♡ 31 - front door ♡

As much as Virgil didn't want to, he told Roman the truth about what Hellen did to give him a huge bruise.

From that day on, Roman carried a baseball bat whenever Virgil, Hellen, and himself were in the same room.

"One of my katanas would be more effective, but the principal said no," Roman shrugged.

Virgil laughed. "What did I do to deserve you?"

About a month and a half later, Virgil wasn't as active on posting videos on his YouTube channel, which had somehow grown to be more popular than he thought. In fact, he almost forgot about it until he got a notification that said he had hit 6k subscribers.

His eyes widened and he nearly choked, getting a slightly concerned look from Roman. The last time he checked, he was at 482.

The first video he posted, the day he got a black eye and bloody nose, had 7k likes.

He had grown that much in under two months? How??

The number almost terrified him. How did Roman survive? Roman had 23k followers on Instagram. He wasn't even surprised about how many people that is?

What if one of those subscribers was someone from school?

How many people could be judging him?

Sure, he barely uploaded anymore, but if people found out that was him, he'd die. He'd transfer schools or move to another state. Scratch that, move to another countr-

"Hey!" Roman said while wrapping his arms around Virgil. "You look worried. You've been writing the word 'the' for five minutes now. Is something bothering you?"

"WHO HURT YOU?!" Patton demanded.

"Calm down, Patton. We don't even know the reason he looks upset yet," Logan put his hand on Patton's shoulder.

"Is it Hellen, dear?"

"I WILL PHYSICALLY FIGHT HELLEN!"

"Patton, that's not a good idea-"

"NOBODY HURTS MY SON!"

Logan sighed. He leaned in and kissed Patton.

Patton grinned. "Okay, I'll be quiet now!"

"Really, Virge, are you okay?" Roman asked again.

Virgil nodded. "I'm fine, just- thinking." Nobody, even his best friends and boyfriend, could find out about his videos.

Roman gave Virgil a "bitch, don't try to lie to me" look, but nodded. "Okay, but if you ever need anything, EVER, tell me. Okay?"

"Okay!" Virgil said.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Really promise?"

"Yes, I really promise."

"Good." He kissed Virgil's hand. "If you break that promise, I won't be mad, though. I get it."

(a/n: dude i wish my ex bf was as amazing as roman is in this fic)

A month passed, then another month, then another month.

Hellen had stopped picking on Virgil.

Well, mostly. She still shot glares in his direction and called him awful names in the halls, but not as much, since Roman was armed with a baseball bat and was with Virgil as much as he could be.

Why didn't Virgil talk to Roman about the Hellen problem sooner? Oh right, because he was too scared.

"Hey, Virgil?" Roman asked Virgil as they walked out of school at dismissal that day.

"Yeah, Roman?"

"When you're walking to the front of your house, can you FaceTime me?" he asked.

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because." He kissed Virgil's forehead.

Virgil blushed. "Alright, dork."

"I'll be waiting!"

And when Virgil got to his house...

Oh Lord.

He sent a FaceTime request to Roman and Roman accepted immediately.

"You're so extra," Virgil laughed when he flipped the camera to what Roman had left at his doorstep.

There was a trail of red roses placed neatly on the sides of the stairs to the door, with led to a huge basket of goodies and a folded note that said "Virgil" in gorgeous cursive writing.

"Well, that's just me, I guess," Roman joked.

Virgil took the note out and started to read it.

If you are one of Virgil's parents, this note does not have to do with you and neither does the setup of roses and the goodie basket. So please don't move it, because I want to surprise Virgil.

However, if this is Virgil reading, I hope you like all the freaking chocolate in this basket! I love you so, so much, and you're the best boyfriend anyone could ever have. I sound so cheesy and I know you don't like that shit, but it's all true.

I love you.

And I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me?

- Romano ♥

"Of course I want to go to prom with you, you moron!" Virgil exclaimed with a huge smile on his face.

"Cool! Because I blew a ton of money on that chocolate and if said no, it would've been 250 bucks down the drain-"

"$250??"

"Don't worry!"

"You overdid it. You could've given me a pack of Cars gummy snacks and asked me and I would've said yes!"

"Heh, well, I'm glad you said yes."

"You're too cute."

"I know."