Find me (fluff)

This came from absolutely no where. I didn't plan for this to be what I publish but here we are. It's just a short thing, unlike what I usually do, just to keep your attention until I finish this next oneshot.

Once again riddled with headcannons oops.

Also Soulmate AU where everyone has heterochromia, one eye colour is your own and the other is your soulmate's. Eyes both become your own when you make eye contact for the first time.
~-~-~-~-~-~

Edd was a loner. It wasn't that he wanted to be, he just preferred drawing over any kind of human interaction. It was rare that he ever left his house without a reason. The only few being

Buy more cola.

Get cat food.

You're running out of clean clothes, buy laundry detergent.

Your tablet pen broke again, stop throwing it.

There's still no food.

Various art supplies are needed.

Mum's forcing you to family holidays again.

Other than that, it was rare he ever left the comfort of his small house. Fortunately, his parents, bless their hearts, payed for most of his living expenses with their oodles and oodles of family fortune. That was as far as they'd go, but Edd was more than happy to buy everything else with the small amout of money he made from animation and commissions. They were already doing so much for him.

Today was one of those days where the stress was too much and his abused tablet pen was lying broken on the floor after creating a new dent in the plaster of the walls. Sighing, he went to pick up the pieces. Looks like he's going out today.

He glanced in the mirror, meeting his own hazel and blue eyes for a moment before looking up at his hair. Looks like it's a hat day as well. He changed out of his sweats and pulled on some khakis, struggling only minimally. He sprayed on deodorant and slipped into his over-oversized hoodie. Honestly, he's already pretty large, but it's huge.

Tugging on a grey beanie and grabbing his keys, he went out the door, giving Ringo a stroke and getting his bag of necessities on the way out. On the way down the stairs, Edd waved at his buddy, Tom, who was climbing up the steps to the second floor where both of their apartments resided.

"Back from a gig? I bet you're pretty tired." Edd chirped, happy to spot the only person he could have a conversation with without mumbling and tripping over his words. Tom only hummed and nodded in response, dragging his guitar case behind him. With the way he treated that thing, it had to be fixed up almost as often as his own tablet pen, which was currently residing inside a plastic baggie in his hoodie pocket.

Tom's eyelids were drooping heavily over his eyes, but enough was visible for Edd to tell he hadn't met his soulmate yet. No, one eye was still completely pitch black while the other had an iris and pupil. They passed without any more conversation and Edd continued his trek to the bottom floor.

Edd seemed to collapse into himself when he reached the lobby, surrounded by familiar faces, but not familiar enough to wave to, or make comfortable eye contact with. He hurried through the sea of people and pushed open the main door, chilly air slapping him right in the face.

He hiked up the straps of his backpack as he walked down the busy streets of London, warily glancing at all the socially active people. Once he reached his destination, it was really only a short walk, he sighed and pushed open the door, cringing at the bell that rang above his head. A head popped up from behind the counter and another person snubbed out his cigarette into an ashtray. As the first person person straightened himself to his full height, a mighty feat, he smiled and automatically spewed the same words he did everytime Edd walked through those doors