Chapter 21

| Jason |
: McCann's

My fist formed a solid fist, my knuckles turning pale from my firm hold. My jaw clenched, my eyes darkened and my breathing became heavy as I clutched my phone tightly as I listened to Ryan talk through it.

"Where is she?" I asked, my voice deep and hoarse from the build up of my anger.

"At the hospital, she had to get stitches on the cut. But I'm gonna call her and see if-" I was quick to cut him off "Call her?! Are you stupid Ryan? You have to be with her! Why would you even leave her fucking side?!" I was furious.

"Her friends thought it was best to take her to the hospital just in case her parents were called in, it would look bad for her if I was with her. Are you forgetting who her dad is Jason?" He asked me.

"Oh, so you too pussy now that you can't speak up to a cop? Huh?" I didn't care if he was the one to save her or shit, if he had just stopped Danial from even having a second alone with her then we wouldn't be in this situation.

"What do you want me to do now Jason? It's happened. And I'm sorry for it." He answered.

"You don't need to do shit. I'm coming."

"Jason, as much as you want to be with her, you coming here is exactly what Carter wants. He wants the chance to end you, as well as her, and if you come back, he'll do exactly that." He explained, but right now I couldn't give a fuck about the terms that Carter had me living on. The only reason I was doing this was for my girl, no one else. Carter had this twisted.

"I don't give a fuck. Stay with Bella and make sure she's taken care off. Bye." With that, I ended the call not giving him the chance to reply.

Looking down at my phone screen, I found Carter's number which Za had sent me a while back just for some leverage on that bitch, tapping on it.

I held the phone to my ear, my blood was boiling at this point and all I wanted to do was best the fuck out of this prick.

After a few rings, he picked up.

"I was wondering when you'd call, McCann" His annoying as fuck, mocking voice spoke through the phone.

"You don't know what you've just started, Carter." I answered back as I stared out of my window. Thinking about all the types of ways I could end this pussy ass bitches life.

"So I'm guessing you've heard the news. Surprise!" He laughed.

"I'm sorry Jason, but this would never had happened if you had just kept your lovey dovey romance to yourself" I could just imagine the smug look on his face, angering me even more as he had no guilt or remorse for what he had done. It's one thing to go after a girl but it's another thing to have her end up in a damn hospital. Big mistake

"Why go after a girl Carter? Too pussy to come knocking at my door huh? I mean, you know exactly where I'm at, so what's the issue?" I mocked him back. Although with me, there was no laughter involved.

He chuckled "What's the fun in that? Go after the one you care for most... I mean, she is irritable." I knew what he was saying was all to piss me off, he wanted a reaction like the fucking pussy he was.

"I agreed to your terms a long time ago Carter. That does not mean you get the chance to fuck with what's mine," I paused standing up,

"And you should know, those who fuck with what's mine suffer more than your ass did when your daddy was out here beating your ass." The best way to piss someone off was to play with their deepest most sensitive spots. I knew his inside and out.

"You had your moment. Now just sit back and wait because you ain't going to expect the shit I'm gonna put you through. Count on it."

With that, I ended the call.

After a year, of what felt like forever, I was going to see the girl I loved more than anything that ever existed.

I was going to be there for her better than anyone could ever do so because no one fucks with what is McCann's.

No one.