Chapter 17

| Bella |
: Awkward Tension

I had just finished getting ready, pausing the YouTube video playing on my laptop; I was watching the ACE family, it was the best of the best. As I finished applying the last bit of gloss on my lips, I stepped back, observing my outfit.

I was wearing a white long sleeved shirt which had a deep v neck. I paired it with a simple pair of blue denim jeans and then my suede nude coloured Puma's, which can I say were my life currently.

As I looked down at my jewellery box looking for the rings I wanted, I saw the sparkle of a diamond catch my eye

As I looked down at my jewellery box looking for the rings I wanted, I saw the sparkle of a diamond catch my eye. It was the ring Jason had gifted me, it was sterling silver with the prettiest diamond to complete it. I had worn it for so, so long until one day I just took it off. I hadn't come back to it since. I sighed picking it up, admiring it. He knew me so well, it was like it was made just for me.

Hesitantly, I slid it on to my finger. I don't know what came over me to do so but I decided to keep it on, despite how much it reminded me of him.

I picked up my phone to see Zak had texted me asking where I was as it was 7:20 and the game had already begun, I mean when was I ever on time?

Telling him I was about to leave, i quickly tied my shoe laces before grabbing my phone and leaving my bedroom. I was in no mood to drive today and I'm pretty sure Sally would suggest to get something to eat after the game and so she'd give me a ride home. Therefore, I headed over to my brothers room, knocking on the door.

"Come in" I heard him say before opening the door.

"Will you drop me of to college please?" I asked as I peered in to his room seeing he was sat at his desk typing away at his phone.

"Sure," he paused standing up "Wait... why are you going to college?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"There's a game on tonight, Sally got us tickets so I'm going" I shrugged. He slowly nodded before putting his jacket on and grabbing the keys to his car.

Once letting my mom know that I was leaving and when I'd be back and whatever, we left.

"Don't be out too late" He told me as he parked his car.

I nodded "Call me if you need a ride back" He said as I got out of the car. I thanked him before saying goodbye and then shutting the door.

I turned around, almost pooping my pants as Zak appeared out of no where causing me to jump. "Oh my god, where did you even come from! The ground?"

"Yes I did bitch, now hurry up!" He laughed grabbing my arm and dragging me out to field where many, many people sat on the bleachers. It was actually full for the first time.

As we stepped on to the bleachers, I looked up to see Aria, Ana and Sally sat a little higher up, each of them waving over at me. Just as I was about to walk up the steps to their row, I noticed a couple of very familiar faces. The boys were all sat on the bleachers on the opposite row to where the girls were sat. So literally, there was an aisle in the middle which seperated our group from theirs, I could already feel the awkward tension in the air as they all looked at me. They all smiled, because we had spoken here and there but not as much. But then there was Ryan sat in the middle. He looked at me, holding a very hard eye contact with me.

"Oh yeah... I forgot to tell you that the boys were here" I looked at Zak who was awkwardly smiling before dragging me up the bleachers.

"Hey Bella... how are you?" Za spoke up, smiling at me as I was about to go in to the row.

"Oh, Hey... I'm good, you?" He nodded his head in response along with the rest who gave me a smile. Apart from Ryan of course.

With that, I got in to the row before giving the girls 'the' look which showed how awkward I currently felt and they instantly understood. "I can literally feel the awkwardness in the air" Aria whispered over at us making me nod

"Tell me about it"