Chapter 21.

The day ended as it started with abundant grey clouds and no silver linings.  But there was a slight twist to the ending, I was drunk.  So drunk, Ryan had went out and got a bunch of Vodka and brought it back for me to relax.  Dad kept getting sicker and sicker. 

So yeah, no silver linings to the day.  Being drunk might've been the silver lining for the day, I finally wasn't thinking about Daddy.  But I was also going to wake up with a hella hungover.  That would make the grey skies even greyer for me.  Ryan was only slightly tipsy at nine oclock at night.  But I was wasted.  

"Ry ry....  I need you right now" I dragged out the O.  

"What do you need darling?" He asked coming into the room.  

"I need a cuddle baby" I say swaying my head.  He cuddles up next to me and puts his arms around me.  He kisses my forehead softly.  I stand corrected, this is my silver lining for the day.  He has always been my silver liner, he's my silver everything.  I know that's cheesy but he's my silver everything.  I truly mean it.  He always makes me feel better.  

I don't know what I'd do without them.  I love my Ry guy.   But just because Ryan is with me it doesn't solve all the pain, but it does ease it slightly.  I love him but I also love my dad, and there's only a slight chance of him surviving.  

"I know you're in pain sweetheart.  But I just want you to know that I'm always going to be here for you.  And I'm never going to leave your side.  No matter what the outcome of this situation I'll be up in side." He says kissing my forehead again.

Tears have begun falling down my face, another grey moment of the day.  "I know that you will be love...  I wish the situation were different so would could just focus on your healing."

"This isn't about my healing, I'll heal just fine.  I swear my love this is about your situation.  I love you, and no matter what happens I'll be by your side.  I know I already said that but I just want to make sure you know that.  I will always love you and I will always be here for whatever you need." Ryan says sweetly. 

"I know you will be.  And I know that you love me, but I love you too.  I will always love you.  You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I say.  "Actually you're my family."

"You're my family.  And you're my everything, my friends and my family all love you.  They all think you're the one for me and I agree."  Ry says.  

"Can we go visit Dad in the morning?" I ask. 

"Of course we can, but only if you want to.  If you want to stay in bed all day then we can do that as well." 

"Have you ever had sex?" I blurt. 

"What?" He asks laughing. 

"You heard me." I say realizing that my words are slurring together. 

"No I have not, have you?" He responds easily. 

"No... I'm a virgin." I say slightly embarrassed.  I'm in college and I haven't had sex. 

"Well, when you're ready we can change that." He says kissing me gently, Ryan always kisses me gently.  He's the most gentle person that I've met.  

"I would love you to change that, sometime soon too."  

"Well, you're drunk right now so it won't be now."  He says.  "But when you sober up and you still want me too then I would have no objections.  But for right now you should be sleeping so you can wake up, a little hungover."

"I want it to be perfect, because I want to be able to tell my sisters all about it."  I say dreaming of it.  "Good night Ryan McDonagh.  I love you."

"I love you too Freya." He says kissing me.  

I wake up the next morning not fully hungover, I have a headache.  I'm not throwing up...  Yet.  Ryan hasn't woken up yet so I decide it's time to go talk to my sisters.  

"Good morning."  I say to Fiona. 

"Good morning." She responds.

"So I have something to tell you about." I say. 

"What's up big sis?" 

"I want to have sex with Ryan."  Her jaw drops.  

"You what?" She says shocked. 

"I want to lose my virginity to Ryan.  Soon.  Like maybe tonight." 

"But sex is supposed to be in marriage."  She teases. 

"Oh shut up we both know that neither of us believe that." I say laughing. 

"I know I'm teasing.  I think it's a great idea."  She responds still laughing at herself.