Chapter 16.

I woke up in bed with Ryan as I usually do.  My head resting against his muscular chest.  He's warm and cozy and has always been a comforting hand around my waist.  I love to curl up with him even if it's just for a little.  I love to be in his arms especially when he's kissing my forehead and telling me that he loves me. 

I sit in bed with him and wonder why I woke up so early.  But then I remembered, it's Christmas Eve.  Our family's have been here for a couple of days and all had been going well so far.  My dad was still scaring Ryan shitless at every opportunity, but other than that everything has been going smoothly.  It was the best feeling in the world to wake up in a house with all of my family here.  We had today all planed out, we were going to have brunch out at Starbucks. 

"Good morning love." Ryan said to me feeling me continue to move against him, every morning when I wake up I try to get closer to him.  A lot of times when he finally wakes up I'm sleeping on top of him.  Sometimes it's not my doing either, Ryan is a very comforting man so I'll just sleep on him most of the time.  He's such a cutie about it too.  He just wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

"Good morning." I say grogily looking up at him.  He leans down and gives me a quick kiss, his lips soft and gentle against mine.  "I'm gonna go take a shower." I mumble against his lips.

"Why?  No one else in the family is up yet we can have a make-out session without being disturbed."  He says rolling on top of me pinning my arms about my head to kiss me.  I humor him and kiss him gently.  After a minute or two his tongue slips into my mouth and he lets go of my hands.  With my newly freed hands I work my way through his hair as he gently groups me. 

"Ryan I really need to shower." I groan trying to get away from him as he kisses my neck.  "I love you but I smell."

"I love you more.  Five more minutes." He says pinning me again as I try to move.

"It is 8:38 AM, in five minutes we will get up and start to move.  Because I really need to shower, and I really need to wash my hair.  Because it's driving me crazy."  I say leaning back into him.

"Okay." he says.
The five minutes pass with Ry grouping me, and me running my hands through his hair. 

"It's been five minutes," I say pulling away from him.  He groans and lets me up.  He hasn't wanted to for a while but he knows I'm still trying to impress his parents.  He won't do anything to make that go away, and he won't do anything that makes me feel uncomfortable in front of them.  He always respects my feelings and that's some of my favorite things about him. 
I get up and walk to the bathroom and close the door.  Even though I know he would love to see me naked I'm not ready for that.  And I would still knock and ask for permission before walking in when he's naked. 

"What time is brunch?" He asks from outside the door as I continue to get undressed.

"Eleven." I say simply as I get in the shower.  It's a modern shower, so there are no doors.  It's just a square head and a drain sort of thing.  It's really hard to explain. 

"Okay thank you." he says walking away from the door. 

"You're welcome." I mumble as I start to wash my body.  I only take about fifteen minutes in the shower, and most of that is me washing my hair. 
It's only about thirty minutes before I'm blow-drying my hair and starting to put on makeup.  It's hard for me to think about the fact that tomorrow is Christmas.  It's the fifth year that I haven't had my mom with me, and that date is big.  Ryan has been trying to avoid the subject for my sake but it somehow always comes up.  It's mainly from my side of the family, but I still get annoyed and upset when someone brings it up. 

"Freya, we have thirty minutes before we leave." Ryan says as I'm planning my outfit.  I decide on something simple, some ripped jeans that are in a nice dark color.  And a shirt with little white specs, it's a long warm shirt that goes nicely with my red scarf.  I throw my hair up into a bun so it doesn't get in the way and go out in the living room to leave with Ryan. 

"Okay, I'm ready." I say as I see him putting something away. 

"You look lovely as usual." Ryan says coming over to give me a kiss. 

"Oh I look normal.  You're the one who looks handsome." I say straightening his shirt.  It's a simple outfit but the shirt is somewhat tight so you can see the outline of his abs. 

"You always look beautiful." He says kissing my neck. 

"Whatever, you keep telling yourself that to make it easier to date me.  We're going to be late for brunch and we don't want them thinking we're doing something untoward." I say giving him another quick kiss.

"What's wrong with them thinking we're quote on quote active?" he says trying to pick me up.

"What's wrong with it is we're not active.  And I don't want them thinking that, espcially your family Sir Irish Catholic." I say trying to push him away. 

"You make points, your family is catholic too.  So I doubt they'd be pleased with us being active either.  We'll just blame it on the traffic, it's New York there's always busy." He says moving away from me to grab his keys. 

"Thank you love."  I say as he kisses my hand and leads me out of his apartment.  "Let's go get this over with."

A/N

I am so so so so so so so so SO sorry for not being active.  I have been dealing with a lot of personal stuff.  So this is being written while I am grounded.  I promise I'll be more active.  But I've been really busy.  I now have a public snapchat!!!!!!!!!!! Add my social medias.

sc :freyanuala27

ig: freya_quinn_kathleen27

Thanks guys.

Freya :)