CH5: past revealed, a wounded heart heald by a fox

Start from the beginning

Knight: please, he is suffering, you must help him.

Ahri:w-what are you talking about.

Knight: Grey is in pain and you need to help him.

Ahri: ho-how do you now that.

The fog started rising around us.

Knight: I am sorry, but I don't have time you must heal his wounded heart.

He turned around and walked away slowly vanishing.

Ahri:w-wait who are you.

The night stopped and turned his head slightly.

Knight:I am known... as the abysswalker.

He walks away and vanish I'm left alone until this light starts surrounding me I close my eyes and wait for what happens next.

In reality

I wake up suddenly and find Grey still asleep, I sit up and start thinking about that dream, who was this abysswalker? How does he know Grey? And what did he mean when he said he was in pain.

Ahri:(shakes head)let's not think about that now... maybe a bath well help

I went to take a bath and had a little thought so I left the bath door slightly open as I take my shower seeing if he'll take a peek, but he didn't, I was slightly disappointed, but decided to just get my bath over with.

I get out to find Grey still asleep, I decided to wake him up.

Ahri:(whisper)hey... hey wake up

Grey:(grunt)

Ahri(mischievous smile) hey do you now why I woke up with both of us naked without any memory of last night?

Grey:wait(panick)WHAT?!?

I explode laughing after that and he slightly glares at me but just gets up and head to the bath room, I then remember that dream.

Ahri:hey Grey.

Grey:(turns around)hm?

I was about to ask him but something tells me that I shouldn't mention the name abysswalker to him... at all.

Ahri:(shakes head)nothing... just thinking.

Grey:ok.

He went to take his bath afterwards.

Third pov:

The day was uneventful afterwards they spent it at exploring the ship when night time came, Ahri still was thinking about that dream, so she decided to ask Grey about himself hoping to learn what's hurting him.

Ahri:(jumps on bed) so Grey... why don't you tell me about you're life.

Grey had already started taking off the armor.

Grey:(confused) why would you ask that.

Ahri:just a question... hey how about I tell you about my life and you tell me about your's.

Grey:that... sounds fair I guess.

The both sit on the bed facing each other, Ahri went on telling him how as a fox she never saw another like her how the only thing she had was a red and blue necklace and how she started secretly watching humans as she had grown to wonder how human emotions work up until the dying man with rope.

Ahri:and then you came along... so you're turn.

Grey: alright... like you I didn't have a family I was left an infant in front of the door to the abyss watchers, they didn't know what to do with me, seeing as none of them had children nor was in a relationship, and the life of a child was to great for them to just throw away, so they decided to prey to the old wolf of farron to see if he had an answer, but when they did something unique happened...

Ahri:(growing excited) what happened?

Grey: farron... chose me as an abyss watcher... everyone was shocked and was more shoked that I stopped crying when I held the pledge for the first time... afterwards they became my family... my early years started with them teaching me things and telling me stories about heroes of the past, when I was old enough the y started physically training me, then they gave me the traditional clothes, sword, and knife and they sent me on a few hunting missions... it was great... I had the best family anyone can ask for... a home... a jop... until...

Ahri:what happened?... grey?

Grey:it... it doesn't matter let's go to sle-

Ahri:(yell)GREY.

Grey was taken back by the outburst but when he looked to Ahri she was giving him a sympathetic look.

Ahri:Grey... please tell me what happened.

Grey looked hesitate but gave in.

Grey:(heavy sigh)I... I was sent on a mission one day... it was nothing serious, just a few monsters almost leaving the swamps... but when I returned... I found something that made me scared to no end...

Ahri:what was it...

Grey:dark wraiths... creatures of the abyss... were surrounding the abyss watchers temple... I knew that means that the abyss had reached the temple, I started killing my way to it... but when I made it...

Ahri's eyes widen as she sees tears going down Grey's cheeks.

Grey:they were already corrupted... they went mad and started killing each other... when they noticed me the started attacking... I wanted to help... I tried to reason with them... but... It didn't work ... they were getting more violent... I had no choice but to fight back... so I... killed them all... people that were my family... that took me as their's... died at my hands.

Ahri was speechless, she didn't expect him to be hurt that bad, so she did the only thing she could think of... she hugged him and on that moment Grey broke down into tears holding onto her

Ahri:I'm so sorry you had to go through that... but hey look now you have me now, and you don't have to go back to you're world.

Grey:wh...what.

Ahri:you heard Shen, you can join the Institute with me it can be you're new home(gives warm smile) plus there's no abyss here so you'll never have to go through that... ever again.

Grey's eyes widen and he hugs Ahri tighter.

Grey:I... thank you(starts crying)

Ahri:hey hey its okay, I'm here now.

As they hug each other Grey felt something he hasn't felt In a long time... safe