It's Not Beating, It's Falling

** Warning, the following chapter has scenes of a sensitive nature and some readers may find it triggering and / or offensive. Please do read at your own discretion**

CHLOE

That drive back to Kate's was quiet, between us all. Mainly because we're tired, but for me; I can't get those words out of my head.

I'm interested in you.

But why? I treat him like shit and yet he's interested in me? How could he be interested in me? I just can't get my head around it. Everyone can't get away from me except for a handful of people. They run away, he runs to me. It doesn't make sense to me? I'm the type of woman you want to avoid. Does he not see that?

The sound of the doors opening wide and it registers to me, were at Kate's house. I copy them and step out of the car to make my way inside. A small fleet of cameras flash in the nearby distance as I make my way around the car. Ignoring them knowing they're not here for me. I walk straight by them and see her door, her and Cole are ahead as we all approach the entrance. Ethan behind making the flashes go off.

I must admit, he has a way with the public. They adore him and eat up everything he says.

As we approach, Kate pulls out her keys from her bag and proceeds to unlock it. Hearing the click and the squeak of the door as it opens for us. All of us walk inside and I head straight to the kitchen where my best friend is going too. I place my bag down beside the counter and pull out a stool. Sitting on top and watching her move around the kitchen she barely uses.

She smirks at me darting her eyes between the door and me. She saw Ethan and I make out. After he said that he was interested in me, I lost it. I went hell for leather with kissing him and I couldn't pull him closer to me. He responded by kissing me with equal hunger. The two of us were acting like a bitch in heat. Neither one of us letting up on this thing between us. There's something there; there always has been. I could feel it, so could he. We just don't know what it is or what we should do about it?

But we got interrupted by Kate and Cole staring wide-eyed at us both acting like two horny teenagers who haven't had sex in months. Once we stopped, we were both trying not to smile and act like that didn't just happen. But it did, it very much did and everyone knows it too.

And now, my best friend is mocking me. "That was so weird seeing you both kiss...." she whispers while laughing. Opening up the small wine cellar she has she noticed that there's nothing in there. "Fuck! I thought I had some" She grunts and slams the door back in. "Ugh, let me check in this press" she opens the next door to see that's empty too. "Cole!" She yells at him hearing the footsteps coming from the bathroom. There are two sets of steps, I know Ethan has come in too because the door closes shut after a few more moments. I know the sound of his steps, I know by the way he walks.

"Yes?" He comes into view with a smile on his face. Ethan comes in soon after.

"I don't have any wine... will you go out and get some? We can't drive-"

"I'll get Ted to get some, he's still on the clock for me" Ethan finds his phone in his back pocket and takes it out. I recently was told that Ethan hired Ted to have him there, because his family needed some flow of income. He hired him as his driver just to find a job for him. I thought it was because he was lazy, but it's not. Layla told me that he met him one night when he was coming home from a bar and Ted offered him a ride. Not knowing who he was, he dropped him to the door and Ethan gave him a job as his driver after listening the entire way back to his place, about his issues and his family, not realising who Ethan was. Since then, they've been close. He pays him more than enough to cover his family payments, and I thought at first that it couldn't be the same Ethan we know. But seeing how helpful he is, it made me rethink that.