Wait until you see her

CHLOE

My doorbell chimes while I wipe my hands in the towel. I know who the person is. My one and only best friend. I grew up with her, been best friends with her my entire life. Walking over to open the door for her, once I swing it open she pushes two bottles of wine in my face.

"Happy Monday bitch!" She yells while my neighbours give her a questioning look as they walk by my gates. I wave out an apology to them and drag her in. Her heels click on my tiled floors was she walks inside.

"Do you not want to say things like that when I have the door wide open for my neighbours to hear?" I grill her about her big fat mouth. It's even worse when she's drunk. She's always been loud and proud. The complete opposite of me. That's why we get along so well. I love her like a sister. More than my actual sisters.

"Anything to embarrass you girl!" she winks while smirking at me. She heads straight over to a drawer finding the bottle opener to begin our girls night together. She's off work tomorrow but I'm not. I work every single day. I don't remember having any time off from work. "What are we cooking tonight?" She asks sniffing the waft from the pan on the stove.

"I'm cooking shrimp linguini for us. The wine will go down great with it" I wave my hands smelling it myself.

"Honey, wine goes down great with anything!" She pokes my arm bringing me back down to earth. I enjoy cooking, it relaxes me. I love cooking with others too. Pouring two large glasses for us both she sits watching me cook on the chairs around my counter top.

"So tell me, what's with the sudden girls night? You get laid last night?" She smirks over the rim of the glass and I rolled my eyes at her. Gulping down the wine she sighs closing her eyes savouring the after taste.

"I think we both know that's not the reason why I asked you over..." I point the spoon at her. It's covered in the sauce that is tangy and delicious. "My grandfather came in for a quick visit" she leans on her elbows giving me her undivided attention.

"Shit! I forgot about that! How'd that go?" Sipping on her white Australian wine she bought for us. I put down the utensils and stare back at her. "That bad huh?" She asks again. She knows about my relationship with my granddad and my mother. Hell, the only people I've a good relationship with in my family is my dad, my small cousins, my aunt Cici and uncle Derek.

"He wants me to think about going into business with Miller Inc.? To build the seven star hotels that will be on a global scale..." she starts to cough from choking on the wine and pats her chest gasping for some air to travel down to their lungs.

"Wait? Miller Inc.? Doesn't Ethan Miller run that now? Holy shit, are you going to be doing business with Ethan Miller? Ethan- I- like- to- fuck- anything- with- two- sets- of- lips-Miller?" I nod my head at what she said about him. She's right. He fucks and ducks. It's what he's done since college. "You lucky bitch!" I slam the spoon down on the counter with a little more force than necessary gaining her attention. She sends me one of her innocent smile and she knows I don't agree with her.

"Unlucky. I'm unlucky! He annoys the shit out of me. If you looked up arrogant asshole in the dictionary you'll find his name right next to it" I take down two plates from my cabinets to serve up the dish with. Turning down the heat I scoop out a serving onto the plates and take out the parmesan cheese for us to sprinkle on our food.

"Ethan's hot! Always has been. I know you two never got along... why is that? Why did you two never get along?" She asks reaching for a plate to sprinkle cheese on top of it. I shrug at her, "He always annoyed me. I just don't like the way he acts, or the way he treats girls".

"So you like him?" She quizzes me and I freeze slowly lifting my head up to meet hers.

"Are you kidding me? No I don't like him. I just told you he used to annoy me, still does mind you. Other girls may fall for him and his ways, but I see right through it all. I always have" I take my plate and walk over to put some cheese on mine and we head over to my sofa to watch a chick flick.