Do I Take Your Breath Away, Chloe?

CHLOE

This just isn't cutting it right now.
Nope.
Nope.
Good lord no.

Why is my team slacking today? This is not what we discussed for the plans.

I sieve through the documents they have sent me about the hotel. I've decided to think the possibility through. I told Ethan no in the heat of the moment because he annoyed me so much. I normally think everything through before I decide on something. But he brought out the absolute worst in me that day. And I hate him for it. Annoying bastard.

Kate came over last night and told me everything she told him and Cole. Which was the bare minimum. If I had my way she wouldn't have opened her god damn mouth. But this is Kate, and she loves to talk. Loves it. I'm the complete opposite. I like to listen. I don't talk much. I absorb everything that goes on around me. I'm a great listener. I always have been.

But right now, my team are clearly not great listeners. "Fucking hell, does anyone listen to me around here?" I flick through the drafted CAD drawings and architecture drawings for the hotel that my designers have come up with for the past while. They're incomplete, but I expected that. That's not what's annoyed me. It's the fact that I told them no spiral cases, no indoor fountain, four elevators not three, and what did they do? The opposite of what I asked.

I sit back in my chair with a small bounce and sigh to calm myself down. I am not showing these to Ethan. These aren't good enough.

"No! No! No!" I slam each file down with force as I get up and walk around my office to go to the restroom. I walk inside and wash my hands thinking I'm literally going to have to start them off to get them to see my vision. I walk back towards my office once I dry my hands and Anna stops me.

"Miss Jennings, Mr.Miller is on the phone for you? Will I put him through?" I nod and walk over to my desk to see line two blinking for me. I pick up the phone and press the number two and sit down on my seat.

"You better not be cancelling on me Miller... I swear to god...." I sigh in frustration at this man.

"Quite the opposite actually, I called to see if we are still on for tonight?" Hearing the panting in his voice I sit up with the blood running cold in my body. Is he with a girl? Is he in bed with a girl and he has the nerve to call me during his fucking session!

"Miller! Are you fucking someone right now?" I listen to his laugh that I hate so much. God I really don't know why I said yes to this. He's the most annoying egotistic man on the planet.

"Oh Chloe, no need to be jealous. If you want me like that you should've just asked.." He teases me. I roll my eyes at him, knowing he can't see me.

Asshole.

"But no... I'm on a run in Central Park. I should be on TV with all the cameras chasing me right now... So are we still on for tonight?" Hearing his tone go back to normal I relax myself back into my seat and I tap my foot against the desk in thought. He's waiting for my answer. "Jennings, don't leave me hanging here. I need an answer, preferably a yes." I smirk down the line at the panic setting in his tone towards the end. "Chloe, come on. Don't do that to me!" Quiet. God, I love doing this to him. The fear of rejection is setting his nerves on fire. I can hear the burning through the phone. "Chloe, I'll call your mom!" He threatens. I quirk an eyebrow at the wall.

"Don't you dare Miller. You do that I most certainly won't go." I warn him. He can't use that on me. If he does I will make it my mission to chop off his goodies and feed them to piranhas.