Part 60: Uhh yes?

Start from the beginning

I grunted lazily to emphasise my pretence and he sighed in defeat.

We were woken up in the morning by Mel and Cam banging against the door. Mason answered them rubbing his eyes and in his boxers which earned a laugh from both of them.

Cameron said that he and Mason had some 'important top secret dude business' to deal with so Mel made a beeline to my room where she knelt on the bed beside me.

"Did you tell him?" She asked me, her voice hushed as she checked behind her to make sure no one was coming through the door.

"Not yet,"

"Girl, it's been over a week!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide and bulging.

"I know! I just don't know how to!" I fell back with a puff as the doona plumed around me. Mel scooted over, her long dark chocolate hair falling in front of her face and splaying across mine as she lay beside me.

"You're just gonna have to blurt it out." She said, huffing beside me.

"Oh yeah, that'll be great won't it? Oh my god, Mason I just remembered, the other week I took a pregnancy test and I completely forgot to tell you." I rolled my eyes and turned towards her.

"Do you want me to tell him?" Asked Mel, propping herself up on her elbow and playing with the ends of her hair.

"Oh hell no," I said, pulling myself out of bed and shrugging on my dressing gown. "That'd go down swimmingly, wouldn't it?" I asked sarcastically, gesturing for her to follow.

We left the room to go sit on the couch while the boys continued their weird little bro conversation.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Asked Mel, as she flipped through the channels to find the morning news.

"Isn't it obvious? They're leaving us because they finally realised they've been in love with each other for years," there was a pause, before we both burst out laughing which attracted the boys' attention.

They joined us, Cameron red faced from what I assumed was embarrassment rather than anger  and Mason appeared bored.

He squished in beside me, draping his arm across the back of the couch behind me while Cam sat on the arm beside Mel.

"So is it official?" Asked Mel, staring up at her boyfriend.

"Yeah, who proposed?" I asked, giggling as Mason jabbed his fingers into my sides before pulling away guiltily as though shocked at what he'd done. Weird, I thought.

Mel and Cameron hung around for a few more hours where we talked about Mel's upcoming birthday and what she wanted. Of course, being Mel, anything shiny or boujee was her forte, and she explicitly said that if anyone got her a gem embellished keychain she would murder them with a baguette.

Exactly how she would do that, I don't want to know.

It was lunch by the time they left and I was starving.
Like, completely ravenous. I was so hungry I could've eaten Mason... which didn't sound like a bad idea...

Mason settled for making the both of us ramen - which I wasn't disappointed about because, ramen.

We were sat on the couch, me still in my dressing gown and Mason in a pair of tracksuit pants and a tshirt when he surprised me by turning off the tv.

"What are you doing!? Chandler was about to propose!" I exclaimed with my mouth fool of ramen, pointing towards the screen with noodles hanging from my mouth.

I turned towards him only to be shocked to have him facing me and biting his lip.

"Mason... what are you doing?" I asked. Something was weird, he was nervous but why? What's he doing?

He took a deep breath, letting it blow out as though preparing himself for a race.

"Ashley," he began, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a little black box.

What is he doing!? Holy shit!

"What are you doing?" My voice shook, my bowl of noodles forgotten as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"I know it's really soon-"

"No, Mason stop," I pulled back a little. He can't be proposing to me, no way, not yet. I mean yeah I want to marry him, 100% and I know we'll probably end up getting married sometime in the future, but what the hell!?

"No, I won't. I know how you feel about tradition-"

"Yeah, 20th century tradition, not 17th century!" My eyes flitted between his face and his hands where he was slowly opening the box to show a small silver band with a single stone in it.

"Ashley, will you marry me?" He asked, his face  hopeful - with considerable fear as well - but lacking a smile.

He didn't want this now. Why the hell was he doing it now!?

"Mason," I cupped his face in my hands, staring deep into his eyes trying to find some trace of the sane man I knew the other day. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because," he started, looking down at his hands and closing the box, letting it fall and land onto the couch cushion. "Because I know you're pregnant."

Gotta bring back the cliffhangers!

Guys! As a rule, think UPDATE = 4 days (approximately) after my last post! 💕