Part 52: Travis

Okie dokie, here is a new chapter! Tomorrow I will be updating again so yay!

Thank you again everyone, for your lovely comments on my 1 million reads! I'm so happy and I couldn't' have done it without you.

Don't forget to vote!

Love you all xxx

Serious note: ALSO please please please stop asking me to update literally half an hour after I have updated, okay? It stresses me out and getting a chapter out every other day is hard enough, so please please stop asking me to update 20 minutes after I already have. (I hate having to say this but I have to)

"Travis." I replied monotonously, brushing past him with a shove in the shoulder.

"Oh come on, no hello? No, 'how's it going'?" He still wore that sickening smirk that was on his face the night we broke up.

"Why? It seems like everything's 'going' the same since you cheated on me despite the years in between." I flicked my hair to the side and obviously looked him up and down, yep he was still wearing those shoes I hated, still had hair with too much wax in it and sprayed too much Lynx.

"Not with you," he replied as he followed me outside in my search for Mason.

"Please leave me alone."I groaned out. I looked all around the shop front and into the park across from the ice cream store but still couldn't find Mason anywhere.

He was just here, bloody hell, pick a better time to go for a walk.

"It's so weird to see you here after you disappeared. It's like one day I see you every day the next I don't see you for 10 months." He chuckled though I don't know why since it wasn't funny.

"I didn't disappear, I left to get a degree and do something with my life, something you seem to fail at doing. How's Ainsley? Still president of the Justin Bieber Fanclub?" I snickered and his face faltered for a second.

God, he is slimy and slippery and also happens to be my ex. Internal hmph.

"Ainsley is great actually, she and I moved in together last week."

"Oh, really!?" I feigned enthusiasm, enjoying this conversation very little. "Did you remember to get a house for all your side hoes as well?" Just as I finished my sentence, Mason came up behind me and I felt immediately much more comfortable.

I assumed he could feel the tension because I felt that he was standing tall and doing that thing where guys puff out their chests and return to their place 3 million years ago as apes in the animal kingdom.

"Who are you?" Mason's clipped tone made me grin like a goofball and hand Mason his ice-cream and I tell you, seeing Mason in his 'I am man' power stance holding a dripping strawberry ice-cream would've made me want to cry with laughter but right now I was enjoying the look on Travis's face.

He was an inch or two shorter than Mason and he currently looked like a mouse who'd shat himself.

I was enjoying this.

"Oh right, I'm sorry, where are my manners?" My voice was two octaves higher than it usually is and inside I felt as happy as that cymbal-clapping monkey.

"Mason, this asshole. Asshole, this is my boyfriend of nearly 9 months, Mason. We live together and he's met my dad which is more effort than you ever made."

Mason snorted behind me and stepped forward so he was face to face with Travis.

"So, you're Travis." Mason was wearing a smile, but not just any smile, the most intimidatingly casual smile someone could ever wear - and mine was matching his. He lifted his cone to his mouth and took a good long lick, smirking down at a coy looking Travis.