Chapter 24 - Give It A Chance (Edited)

Rose POV :
Loves me? Did he just say he loves me? Did he even know what love is? After he said that I was speechless. I looked at his eyes to see if he was serious. He looked shocked at first when he said that. I didn't blame him though. Before I could process what he just said he cleared his throat and all of his emotions drained away. Then we walked in silence until we reached home.

"Thank you for everything. "I said turning my head because I was already turning the door knob. He didn't say anything just nodded and walked away. I came in the house, and went to my roon and sat on the bed.

Did that just happen? Did I love him back? Sure he was good looking and he was starting to act sweet and caring but I wouldn't forget the feelings he made me feel when I first came. I felt like trash. What if he didn't mean it?

Ugh...  Maybe I should go to sleep and talk to Diana about this. I stood up and looked at the mirror. I was turning around when I faced the mirror again with a frown. I was still wearing Jason's jacket. I sighed and took it off gently. I noticed that there was a folded paper in one of the pockets. I debated whether or not should I see it . But I guess it wouldn't hurt right? I opened it and was surprised to see a poem.

-My days were in dim and dark.
-One day, it suddenly turned bright.
-When my wolf saw you he howled and barked.
-But I ignored all my feelings until I realized.
- That without you in my life I won't bare.
- And even though you can be stubborn, I still don't care.
- At first I felt filthy to my bones.
- But if I was the dirt then you are my Rose.
-And I fell in love with the person you are.
-But I know that you won't fall for the rock which is my heart. 

I was laughing and smiling at the same time. Did Jason write this? When did he get so soft and started writing poems. I also felt teary a bit... I never knew he felt that way. It actually made me change my mind a bit. I would need to talk to Diana about this.

                        ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

"Chicken or meat? "

"Uhh... Chicken."

I invited Diana over so we could cook lunch together. She was already taking over the kitchen and started making the chicken. I haven't told her about Jason yet so maybe now was the best time.

"Jason told me he loves me." I said really quickly when she was washing the vegetables. She stopped and looked infront of her. Then she slowly turned around looking at me with confusion. I was nervously biting my lower lip.

"Excuse me, but did I hear you right? "She asked and I nodded my head. She looked like she was thinking before she jumped up and down while smiling. Okay now I was confused.

"Omg omg ohhh mmmm gggg.... I can't believe this... Spill me the details right now. "she dropped what she had on the table and dragged me to the couch. I took a breath and told her everything. She laughed a little when I told her about the poem.

"So what do you think I should do... What if he doesn't mean it? "

"Oh believe me... He means it... Oh I can't wait to be an Aunt!  I am going to spoil them and— "

"Woah Woah.... Who said anything of you being an Aunt? Seriously Diana what should I do? "

She sighed and took my hand in hers. "I'll talk to Jason to ask you on a date so you can know each other more."

I looked at her not really sure what to say. I nodded slowly. It wouldn't harm anyone to know him better.

                   ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

The next day we had school. I was putting some books in my locker when Jason approached.

"Hey... Uhh...  So I was wondering if you would like to hang out after school? "He asked nervously as he scratched his neck. Even though he was strong and tough, he had a soft side that he only showed around me.

"Yeah sure... " I replied.

He smiled and a sight of hope flashed across his eyes. "I'll pick you up then."

"Okay... Oh and by the way you forgot this. Love the poem. "I gave him back his jacket and the paper. He slightly blushed and took the jacket.

"I got it from my mom... She loves poetry. Can it stays between us? "

I giggled and nodded. Then each one of us went in their separate ways.

                   ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

Diana came over to make sure I looked great tonight. She did my make up and hair and told me what clothes to wear.

She looked at me one last time before she hugged me and wished me good luck then left. I looked at my mirror making sure everything was alright then sat on my bed.

Was this really happening? Was I seriously going on a date with Jason? I was so excited. Even though I felt like I was on the moon, could I forgive him? I mean he had done so much to me lately,  he protected me and acted nice, but every time I look at him I saw the same eyes that once tortured me and laughed at me.

I couldn't let it haunt me forever. Besides, if he ever hurt me I had Diana and the others for him to deal with. She already told me how she gave him a speech that if he broke my heart she would break him. She claimed that because my dad wasn't here to give it to him she stepped up and did it.

Tonight was the night to finally make my decision if I really wanted to be with him or not.

As I thought that,  the door bell rang. My heart jumped out of my chest. Okay this was happening. Take deep breaths.

I went to the door took one last deep breath and opened it with a smile. My smile dropped when I didn't see the person I was expecting to see. Instead stood a tall man wearing a tuxedo and looked like he could kill.

"Can I help you? " I was barely whispering.

"Ms. Rose Gold? " he said with a deep voice that made me quiver.

"Yes? "

"We need to talk... May I come in? "

"Yes sure." I stepped aside and let him walk in. He headed to the couch and sat down. I sat across from him intimated by him.

He took a deep breath and looked me in the eye.

"It is about your dad.... He died."

WHAT???