𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋.

( CHAPTER SIX. )
06. DANCING WITH THE DEVIL.

 DANCING WITH THE DEVIL

For what she could recall to be one of the few moments in her life in which this actually occurred, Selene felt peaceful as she soundly slept in an unfamiliar bed. But as last nights events invaded her mind, the littlest Lockwood was jolted awake by an unknown force. Most likely the thoughts buried in the back of her mind.

She was careful to open her eyes, removing the comforter which was surrounding her only slightly, afraid that even the simplest move would alert her what could only be described as modern day kidnappers.

Waiting for what seemed to be an eternity, Selene untangled herself from the comfortable bed and made her way into the hall, and down the stairs, preparing an obviously too good to be true escape route. Just as her feet hit the last step, Selene truly now did know that her plan was too good to be true, and she was met with two pairs of wandering eyes, which held a mixture of awe and excitement behind them.

Never once letting his gaze fall from the beauty standing in front of him, believing if he looked away for even a quick second, she would be gone once again. However, she was here now and that was truly all that mattered, and so he prepared to do what Kol Mikaelson did best, woo his guest. "Rebekah." He muttered, making sure that Selene was now paying full attention to his words, "Tell me how handsome I am."

The newly resurrected Original made no effort to acknowledge her pesky, elder brother. However, she knew he was merely putting act on in front of their old friend, and she decided to play along.

"Ah, Kol. You know I can't be compelled." Now turning her attention toward Selene Lockwood, she was prepared to help her brother out. "Our darling Lina here might be able to help you out with that one. Doesn't he look dashing."

Suddenly not enjoying the newfound attention being placed on herself, Selene's eyes darted toward the door, wishing that at this moment she was anywhere but here. "It's, It's Selene." She sighed, slightly making her way to her escape. "Thank you guys for watching over me last night, but I really must be going now."

"Wait" Kol shouted, at the same time letting out a slight cough to escape his throat, trying to mask his desperation. Nearing his long lost love, Kol extended what appeared to be a fancy invitation her way also intentionally allowing their fingers to brush past one another, all while noticing the gasp that left Selene's lips as he did so.

"My mother, she's holding a ball tonight. I know you've never been a fan of huge crowds but I do know how much you adore dressing up. It would be an honor if you would accompany me tonight, little one."