𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘.

( CHAPTER THREE. )
—03. LONG LOST MEMORY.

 LONG LOST MEMORY

MYSTIC FALLS, 10TH CENTURTY

He was quiet, she thought, too quiet for his own good. She could perfectly hear the water crashing against each and every pebble, which in her case, wasn't exactly ideal. God, she thought, can't he just say something, anything!

He seemed sad, she thought, too sad for the fact that she was currently seated beside him, enjoying the view of the crystal clear water.

"I'm waiting, Kol. Patiently waiting for you to say something, please!" Adelina pleaded, looking up but stopping before she caught his heartbroken expression.

Even with her pleas, nothing escaped his lips. He seemed speechless, she thought, too mute to be considered normal. This was Kol Mikaelson for crying out loud, the boy who wouldn't hold his tongue even if you offered him a lifetime supply of grimoires and never ending nights in the garden.

"If you've brought me here for a reason, the least you could do is acknowledge me. If not, I've got a thousand other things I could be doing right now." Adelina continued, trying once more to get him to say anything.

Still, no response. It was as if he was acting like she didn't exist. To torture her, probably, but he was in fact torturing himself. With each and every thought that whirled through his mind, the young boy was choosing to hurt himself in the process.

"Is it true, Adelina? Just answer me that. I promise not to lash out, I just need the truth, it's the least you could give me, right? You're set to marry him, Sebastian. Is it true?

The youngest Petrova was left stunned with his question, had her best-friend really dragged her all this way to simply play a silly, jealous game of truth? Now, it was her turn to harm herself with her thoughts, because if she wasn't careful with her next words the children would soon begin an argument that neither of them intended.

"Kol Mikaelson, I swear to you, If you brought me here to play a childish game Elijah and Nik will be the last of your problems, do you understand me?" She almost shouted, unlatching her bottom half with the fox and pushing herself up off the ground.

"Yes, it is true that Sebastian asked for us to wed, but the vital piece of the conversation that you seemed to clearly refuse to hear was when I told him, as kindly as I could, to never speak to me again."

With those words in his mind, Kol proceeded to open his mouth, but was forcefully silenced by a delicate hand coming toward it.

"How many more times shall I say this to you before you believe me? It just seems as you clearly cannot comprehend simple speech, as if I should spell it out for you, you big idiot. I'm in love with you. You, Kol Mikaelson! Not Sebastian, not the pesky little boy who roams around the village as if he's preying on all of the young ladies, not your kind brother Elijah, but you! It makes me nauseous and I-"