𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑.

( CHAPTER FIVE. )
05. LITTLE MISS TRAITOR.

 LITTLE MISS TRAITOR

Half a bottle deep and three cigarettes in, Selene Lockwood still was not ready to escape the confinement of her secret hideaway, her childhood bedroom. To most, the Lockwood Mansion was one full of parties and elegant dances, but for Selene it was a home full of firsts. First slumber parties, first high-school bangers, first crushes, and most importantly, first kisses. It had been nearly a week since her night with Stefan Salvatore, and all she wished to do was erase him from her mind completely.

They were friends, that's all it would ever be. Stefan was in love with Elena Gilbert, and even if she couldn't make her mind up, Elena truly did love the youngest Salvatore, even if she secretly wanted to screw the eldest. It was a mistake, that's all. Selene was lonely, she was hurt, and her judgement was clouded. That's all it was, that's all it had to be.

The obnoxious ring of a cellphone signaled to Selene that she had an incoming call coming through and no matter how much she wished to ignore it, the name Caroline Forbes held a special place in her heart, and so the call was answered.

"This is Selene, I'm sorry I can't come to the phone right now. It seems like I'm too busy enjoying myself. I'd say call back later, but even then I might not answer."

"Sel." Caroline interrupted, with a slight crack in her voice. "Cut the crap, we're not in the fifth grade anymore. It's my dad, I need your help."

Almost leaping out of bed, Selene prepared herself for the worst. "What it is Care?"

The vampire on the other end took a moment to respond, not really having an interest to speak about it over the phone. "Just meet me at the hospital. Please?"

Letting a heavy sigh escape her lips, Selene was already on the way. "I'll be there soon, try not to freak out too much." And with that, the line disconnected, and silence was once again hanging in the room.

In most cases, a frantic Caroline Forbes just happened to an overreacting Caroline Forbes, but at the rate most situations were panning out, nobody could ever be too sure.

♱ ♱ ♱

"Hello!" Selene called out to the void, hoping for just once nobody was wandering around the Salvatore Estate. Just as she was nearing the hospital, Caroline called back and asked her to pick up a few necessities, as she called them. And feeling like the complete idiot she was, Selene was then made aware that her belongings, along with her wallet, credit card, license, were all left in the corner of Stefan Salvatore's bedroom. Perfect, she thought, just perfect.

Not having any time to react, Selene was now standing face to face with someone she wasn't too fond of, the blue eyed devil himself, Damon Salvatore. "Well, well, well." He sang. "Look who decided to show up. Little Miss Traitor, in all of her supernatural glory."