𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒.

( CHAPTER FOUR. )
—04. SEVENTEEN CANDLES.

 SEVENTEEN CANDLES

Blood was in no way, shape, or form an ideal smell to wake up to. Pancakes, coffee, even bacon would suffice — but blood? Never. So why was Selene Lockwood, a girl who would normally wake up to the sound of her obnoxious alarm clock, currently fighting the urge to throw up at the strong smell of blood. Niklaus Mikaelson was the exact reason why.

"Sleeping Beauty has finally awoken. I hope the guest room was sufficient enough, Princess!" Niklaus mocked, obnoxiously sipping on his repulsive choice of beverage.

Cocking her eyebrow in a questioning way, Selene went on to bruise his swollen ego. "I know you might find this hard to believe, Pal, but you're not hardly as funny as you seem to think."

The smile on the hybrids face ceased to fade, and he just continued staring at the Lockwood girl afraid that if he were to look away, he would once again lose her. Clearing his throat, Niklaus made a move to leave the room, having the urge to boss people around. But the sound of a firm yet angelic voice halted him.

"Wait!" Selene shouted, making a move to leap from the bed, and accidentally tumbling over. "I know who you are. The greatest evil Mystic Falls has ever witnessed. But what I don't understand is what you want from an ordinary girl like me? Or better yet, how the hell you even know me?"

Niklaus was personally not a fan of any of the idiotic talk Selene was spewing and he was absolutely adamant in making sure she understood this. "You, Adelina Petrova are anything but ordinary. However."

Selene took her opportunity to interrupt, "There you go with this name again. This name that I have no connection to. Yet, every time you say it I feel a flutter in my stomach. So Big Bad Wolf, how about we pretend that I'm Little Red Riding Hood and now is your chance to indulge me."

"It is quite a long story, Lina. Perhaps we could save it for another time?" Niklaus dramatically stated, teasing the very eager child.

"You're immortal. You have all the time in the world." Selene fired back, staring the hybrid down, as if she could intimidate him.

"I'm well aware of my immortality, Adelina, however you're the one I'm worried about. You've been unconscious for over a week now. Are you sure you really want to spend your time back with — what was that you called me — 'the greatest evil Mystic Falls has ever witnessed'?"

"No that's not possible, over a week? What the hell did you do to me, you psychopath?" She shouted, preparing to get up from her comfortable position on the couch but the pounding pain in her head was limiting her from doing just that.