Chapter Forty-Seven

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Forty-Seven

EPOV

Alice, Bella and Mom came down just as the White Sox game was starting. I would have rather watched the Cubs, but they were off, traveling to Arizona for a two week trip. Mom and Bella started working on dinner while Alice was given the dubious honor of chopping everything for the salad. We all knew that we needed to stay out of the kitchen while dinner was being made. Mom was a bit neurotic about her kitchen. However, the fact that she had invited my girlfriend to help her? It spoke to Bella's character and to how much my mom already loved her.

"Edward? Sweetie?" Mom called. "I need your help!"

"Coming," I said as I finished my second beer and walked into the kitchen. "What's up?" I tossed my bottle into the recycling bin.

"Can you go to the store?" Mom asked. "I need more potatoes. I thought I had a full bag but I've only got a half a bag. Emmett can eat all of these in one sitting."

"Right," I chuckled. "So, potatoes...what else?"

"Some more ranch dressing packets. I need at least two more," Mom said, stuffing a twenty dollar bill in my pocket. "And what was it that you needed, Bella?"

"Honey Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. You've got Miracle Whip and regular mustard. It doesn't work," Bella replied, working over the chicken with some lemon and butter.

"Bag of potatoes, two ranch packets, Honey Dijon mustard and mayo. Got it," I said. I grabbed my keys and drove to a nearby grocery store. I quickly made my way through the aisles, picking up what I needed for Bella and my mom. I was walking to the front of the store, my items in tow when I heard a voice I hoped I'd never hear again.

"Eddie!" squealed my former fuck buddy, Tanya.

"For fuck's sake, it's Edward," I snapped. I glared at her. "What?"

She furrowed her brows, going to hug me. "I've missed you..."

"Can't say that the feeling's mutual," I deadpanned. "If you excuse me, I have to get back to my parent's house. I'm having dinner with my family and my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Tanya spat. "You said you weren't ready for a girlfriend. What the hell?"

"I didn't want you to be my girlfriend, Tanya. You were pushing me into something that I didn't want with you," I sighed, trying to walk to the cash registers.

"So, I was good for sex," she said loudly. "All you wanted was my pussy."

"Tanya, quiet down," I hissed. "You just wanted my cock. How is that any different? We went into our arrangement with our eyes open, Tanya. It was you who tried turn me into something that I didn't want to be. You are a great girl but not the right onefor me. Now, I need to go." Without waiting for her to answer, I strode to the self-pay check out and scanned my items. Using my credit card to pay for everything, I darted out of the grocery store. Tanya was rooted in her spot, glaring at me. I shook my head as I got into my car and drove back to my parent's home. I needed to calm down, though. I was pissed off at Tanya's temper tantrum and my carnal need to get off, using her after I ended my engagement with Irina.

I managed to pull it together, dropping off the needed groceries in the kitchen for Mom and Bella. My girlfriend immediately knew that something was wrong. I grabbed another beer, walking outside in the small backyard my parents had. Emmett followed me. "Dude, you look like you want to punch someone's lights out. What's up?"

"You'll never believe who I ran into at the store," I growled.

"Voldemort?" Emmett snorted. I shook my head. "Tanya?"

"Yep. She was all touchy-feely, wanting probably to get into my pants," I snapped. "I'm such a fucking idiot!"

"For sleeping with her?" Emmett asked, guiding me away from the door. I dropped my head in shame. "Edward, you can't feel badly over every previous relationship you had."

"This was not a relationship, Em," I hissed. "This was fucking. Plain and simple. Bella will probably dump my ass because of..."

"No, she won't," Emmett soothed. "Ed, you were single. She can't fault you for wanting to have a little fun."

"She trusts me, Emmett. If she knew..." I whispered sullenly. As we were standing out there, both of our phones blared. It was the station. "Shit."

"It's obviously bad if they're calling us on our day off. Are you sober?" Emmett asked.

"I am now," I said, tossing the nearly full bottle of beer into the trash. We ran inside. We noticed that Dad and Jasper were also grabbing keys. "What is it?"

"Train derailment," Dad supplied. "Brown line. I'm assuming you guys have been called in?" Emmett and I both nodded. "Be safe, boys." Jasper and Dad ran out, taking Jasper's truck. I looked over to Bella and Alice. They were clinging to each other.

"It'll be okay, Bella," I said, hugging her to my body. She nodded, burrowing closer to my chest. I kissed her forehead beforecupping her chin to kiss her lips. "I'll be fine."

"Kay," she sniffled. "I'm probably going to stay with Alice after we eat dinner with your mom. Get me there?"

"I will," I said, kissing her soft, pillow lips again. Emmett dragged me away from my girl and for the first time in my life, I hatedmy job.

A/N: Cliffie, kind of...what will Edward say about Tanya when he sees Bella again? What about the train derailment? Leave me some!

Top of Page