Chapter Twenty-Eight

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

EPOV

I personally took care of Alice and Bella. The bar filled up pretty quickly after I had arrived. Most of them were neighborhood guys or other firefighters, wanting to watch the game on the huge flat screen in the bar. Leah and Jacob were behind the bar while I acted as a waiter.

Around eight, Emmett and Jasper came in. Emmett looked so downtrodden. Jasper clapped him on his back, finding Alice and Bella. I walked over to my best friend, worried about him. "What happened?"

"Nothing was...my entire apartment was covered in bleach or paint," he spat. "I'm so pissed."

"I wouldn't blame you. Alice said that you're suing her?"

"Yep. I can't afford to replace everything in my apartment, let alone the security deposit. My landlord is giving me a week to pack up and move out," Emmett said, scrubbing his face. "She doesn't want a tenant like me. I don't know where I'm going to go."

"Em, you know you can stay with me," I said. "It's not like I don't have the room."

"You wouldn't mind?" Emmett asked.

"Emmett, you're my best friend. I'm not going to let you live on the fucking streets," I growled. "What Rosalie did was...there aren't even words, man. You can stay as long as you want. I'll get you a key tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah. Ed, I don't know what I'd do without you," Emmett said, hugging me close.

"Sleep on a bleach-stained couch," I snickered. "I'll try and help you with the packing, but I'm on tomorrow. Seth's girl is pushing out a baby tonight."

"I know. I heard. Leah may be questionable for tomorrow. She wants to see her new niece," Emmett smiled, smacking my back and pulling back. "Just let me know about rent and shit..."

"Don't worry about it. Just pay for groceries every so often and we're good," I said. "If the damage is as bad as you say it is, you may have to start from scratch. Did you file a police report?" Emmett nodded. "Good. I'm glad you're rid of that dead weight. I hated being so nice to her."

"You deserve fucking sainthood. First, dealing with Voldemort and her need to get all of her holes filled and then dealing with her psycho best friend, my ex." He shuddered.

"What can I get you?" I asked.

"Blue Moon, tall," Emmett smiled.

"Got it," I replied, heading behind the bar to get Emmett his drink. Carrying it to the booth, I checked on everyone else. Bella was looking around furtively, but seemed okay. Alice ordered the appetizer sampler for the table. I put it in, making another circle around the bar. When I delivered the appetizer sampler, I noticed Bella was gone. "Where did she go?" I asked.

"Bathroom, but she left a while ago," Alice answered. I arched a brow, walking towards the bathroom. Pinned near the ladies room was Bella. A guy, who was clearly drunk, was trying to get her to 'give it up to him.'

"Hey, asshole," I snarled. "Back away from her."

"She's been eying me all night. I'm just trying to show her how good it can be," he slurred. His hand wrapped around her waist and she whimpered. "Come on, doll face. I'm going to rock your world."

"Fucktard," I sneered, pulling him away from her and slamming him against the wall. "Obviously you don't understand. She's.Not. Fucking. Interested." I loosened my hold on him and he drunkenly took a swing at me. I twisted him easily, pushing him to the floor. He fell with an 'oomph.' "JAKE! I need you!"

Jacob Black ran over and saw me pinning the drunken asshole down with my knee. He was squirming, but he wasn't going anywhere. "What happened?" he asked.

"He wouldn't take no for an answer," I sneered, looking back at Bella. She was still pinned against the wall, barely breathing. "Throw him out." Jake smiled evilly, picking up the waste of skin and dragging him through the bar. I turned to Bella. "Sweet girl..." I reached for her, but she pushed against the wall, her eyes glazed over. God. Damn. It! Using the same approach from when she was in panic mode at Alice's, I moved closer with my hand held out. "Bella, sweet Bella, you're safe. He's gone. Please come here, baby..." With a trembling hand, she gripped mine and I swept her into my arms. The dam broke and she sobbed against my chest. I picked her up, carrying her into the small office near the bathrooms. Sitting down on the ratty couch in the office, I just caressed her back and murmured words of comfort.

The door opened and Leah walked in with my sister. "He's gone, Edward. Frank was completely shitfaced. I called his wife, told her what he did and he's in a world of trouble, not to mention banned from the bar," Leah said.

"Thanks," I said, cupping Bella's head and nuzzling her hair. Alice bit her lip, looking guilty. I narrowed my eyes at her. "Can you take her home? Do not leave until I get there, Alice."

"Yeah," she said. "Jasper's getting the car. We're all going to her house."

"Bella," I cooed, kissing her forehead. "Alice and the guys are taking you home, sweet girl. Are you okay to walk?"

"I t-t-t-think s-s-s-so," she stuttered. I held her tightly, not wanting to let her go, but having to since I was needed to finish my shift. "I'm s-s-s-sorry..."

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong," I soothed. She stood up. I wrapped my arm around her. "Leah, I'm going to make sure she's okay and then I'll be back."

"Yeah, okay," Leah said, her eyes filled with concern for the tiny woman that clung to me.

Bella managed to put on an impassive mask, standing tall. I still kept my arm around her as we walked through the bar and out to Alice's waiting car. I hugged her, relishing in the fact that she just melted against me. I helped Bella into the backseat, where Alice had clambered into the other side. "I'll see you later, sweet girl." She looked at me, but her eyes were not focused. She nodded, collapsing against the chair and I closed the door. In the matter of ten minutes, the vibrant, smiling woman had shattered all because of one asshole.

No, genius, it was three assholes. Remember James? Bella's mom? He shattered her and her mother encouraged it.

Closing my hand into a fist, I walked back into the bar, wishing the night was over so I could be with her. I wanted to see my Bella smile again.

A/N: Nope, that's not the drama I was talking about. It's kind of setting things up for the drama. Leave me some!

Top of Page