Chapter Ninety-Five

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Ninety-Five

BPOV

"Lieutenant Cullen, we need you for photos for the newspaper," said a woman wearing a black business suit and an earpiece. Edward narrowed his eyes, almost glaring at the innocent woman. "Ten minutes, tops," she squeaked.

"Fine," he said, kissing me gently and following her to wherever he was needed for the photos.

Now that the awards were done, the dance floor opened up and most everyone at our table had gotten up, doing the Electric Slide. I was nibbling on some of the dessert on my plate in front of me. Laurent slid over, giving me his creepy smile. "It seems that Edward didn't know about his award," he said, his voice sounding oily like a snake.

"I suppose not," I answered, shooting Laurent a look. "Why didn't you go up with them for the recognition of the squad? You're a part of the team."

"I was not a part of the team on the day they were recognized," Laurent answered, his arm lazily draping behind me, resting on the back of my chair. I sat ramrod straight, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. "You look familiar. Have we met before?"

"I've been at the house," I answered blandly.

"No, before," Laurent replied, his eyes sweeping over my body, leering at me.

"I don't think so," I said, standing up. However, I had a sneaking suspicion that I had seen him before. I just couldn't place him. Shaking my head, I shot up from the table, "Excuse me." I walked over to the bar, sidling up to Leah, who was flirting with Maureen. I ordered a glass of wine, just to have something to hold and just to get away from Laurent. I chatted with Leah and Maureen until Edward came up behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Come on, Mo," Leah sang, grabbing Maureen's hand. "Let's dance! These two will get pornographic in no time!"

"Leah!" Edward admonished. Leah just cackled as she dragged Maureen to the dance floor. Edward mock glared at her before turning back to me. "I came back to the table and my date went missing. What happened?"

"Laurent and his creepy ways," I shuddered. "What's his deal?"

"I don't know. But, I ran into Garrett and it's possible we're going to begin training Tyler to join squad and transfer Laurent to another house. I'm not the only one who is feeling uncomfortable with him. His behavior has gotten weirder since that fire at Gold Coast Realty. I don't know. I know that I don't feel comfortable with him on my team anymore. Nor does anybody else."

"I'm glad that Garrett recognized his ickyness," I shuddered.

"Ickyness?" Edward chuckled.

"Shut it. Creepy is too mild and Freddy Kruger is too much. Ickyness," I shrugged. "I almost get the cold shiver down my spine like when I think of James. I don't know..."

"In that case, I'll see if Garrett can fast-track Laurent's transfer. I do not want my girlfriend to feel like she did when she was with that monster," Edward growled, his eyes darkening in anger.

"I'm fine, Edward," I soothed, putting my untouched glass of wine onto the bar. "Maybe it's my imagination running away with me. Just let things happen naturally."

"I just want to protect you," he argued, pulling me into his arms.

"Well, you can protect me on the dance floor. Let's go!" I said, dragging him toward the wooden floor in the center of the room. We spent the next few hours dancing and having a good time. Laurent left shortly I went to the bar and the tension at our table had quickly dissipated.

The last song had triggered something in Edward. His eyes grew hooded and his need for me was pressed between our bodies. Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" was piping through the speakers. His hands were resting on my ass and he held me so close to his body. We just swayed to the music, lost in our own little bubble. We gazed into each other's eyes. Chocolate brown boring into emerald green, love permeating our stares. When the song ended, Edward dipped his head to mine and caressed my lips with his. I sighed, loving the warm feeling he gave me. "Now, our moment was interrupted before. I want to take you upstairs and make love to my girl."

"Yes," I breathed, wanting nothing more.

A/N: To citrus or not to citrus...that is the question. Who am I kidding...you know what's coming up! Leave me some! AND what are your predictions about Laurent?