Chapter Thirty-Seven

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Thirty-Seven

EPOV

"Bella mentioned that," Emmett said, his brows furrowing. "Why isn't he in jail for murder?"

"For some strange reason, Bella's mother wants her back together with that monster. I don't know if her mom told him where she lived or something, but I think he's connected."

"So, he's still out. Roaming free to make her life hell?" Emmett snarled. I nodded. "What are we going to do?"

"Be there for her," I said. "Without stifling her. She trusts us, Em. We look out for her, which is a first since her grandmother. Look, I'm not going to say anymore. From the length of time that Bella was talking to you, she gave the Cliff's Notes version of her story. When she talked to us the day after Rosalie broke up with you, it took her over two hours to get through her story. Don't...just don't lump her with Irina and Rosalie."

"I won't," Emmett said as he looked over my shoulder. Bella was walking out of the firehouse. She looked a little unsteady, but still with us.

I clapped Emmett on his arm before walking to her. She gave me a tight smile. "Are you okay?" I asked, enfolding her in my arms. She gripped my polo, melting against me. She didn't respond, just breathing deeply. "Bella?"

"Just hold me," she whispered. "Your sister helped me when we were not talking, but your hugs are infinitely better." I led her to the garage, sitting down on one of the chairs and holding her in my lap. Her nose buried itself in my neck and sheshuddered. I rubbed my hands along her back. "You'd think each time I told that fucking story, it would get easier. It doesn't."

"I can't imagine, baby," I said. "Something like that...there are no words on how you can cope with it."

Bella pulled back and she gave me a watery grin. "There are ways and I'm trying, but it's still tough. I just needed Emmett to know, though. I don't want you fighting with him. I'm not worth it."

"Bullshit," I snapped. "Bella, you are worth it. Just let me show you."

"Sorry," she sighed. "The self-esteem takes a header after I share my story. I am worth it. I'm worth a lot of things. I just need to start believing it." She flipped her hair and looked at me. "God, you're pretty."

"Most guys like to hear that they're handsome. Not pretty," I laughed, kissing her cheek.

"It's your eyes. They are the most unique shade of green," she said, tracing underneath my eyes. "It's a combination of jade and turquoise with golden flecks and your left eye has some brown mixed in, too." She bit her lip, running her lips above my brows. "And don't get me started on your lashes."

I barked out a laugh before I cupped her cheek. "I'm glad you think my eyes are pretty," I murmured, staring at her. "They're nothing compared to yours...such a deep shade of brown with soft flecks of gold and hazel. They truly show me inside of your soul, Bella." Leaning forward, I brushed my lips with hers. She sighed, her hands moving to my hair and tangling in my messy tresses. Our kiss was chaste, but it lit something inside of me. Bella was a beautiful, but broken woman. She was intelligent, driven and so incredibly strong. The need to protect her consumed me. The desire to love her drove to the point of madness. I'd never taken as many showers as I had during that month when she was trying to get better. Each fantasy featured her. I couldn't wait until that fantasy became a reality. But, she was in control. She was the one who would dictate our physical relationship. Her wounds outweighed my insatiable need to make love to her. I did not want to break that trust that she placed in me. But, when I did, I'd cherish her like the goddess she is.

Pulling back, I cupped her cheek. "I'm glad you came, sweet girl," I smiled.

"Me, too," she said, her voice raspy and husky. "But, I want to have fun. No more drama for today. Let's gorge ourselves on those hamburgers and potato salad and my chocolate chip brownies."

I leaned in to kiss her again but was interrupted by the obnoxious bell, alerting us to a call. The entire house was called to a house fire in Boy's Town. "Don't go anywhere," I commanded quietly.

"I'm staying right here," she smiled. "Go fight some fires, baby. Kick some ass." She kissed me sweetly before getting off my lap. I groaned as I felt my hardness rub against my boxer briefs. Alice walked over to my girl, threading her arm with Bella's. Idarted to my turnout gear, pulling up my pants and tossing the suspenders over my shoulders. Jake handed me my coat and I clambered into the passenger seat of the rig. I watched Bella from the mirror as we drove out of the house.

A/N: Leave me some...please?

Top of Page