Chapter Twenty-Five

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Twenty-Five

BPOV

I woke up the next morning feeling oddly refreshed. My normal nightmares didn't assault my subconscious. Instead, I had some fairly romantic dreams of the man who spent the day with me yesterday. I looked at the clock, seeing that it was after eleven. I got up and showered again, wanting to make sure my hair wasn't a complete rat's nest. Deciding to let my hair dry naturally, I went downstairs to eat some breakfast. Eating some yogurt and cereal, I checked the weather and it was going to be brutally hot today. I wrinkled my nose, knowing I'd have to wear shorts. The world would be exposed to my pasty white skin.

Searching through my closet, I found something that was comfortable, but still cool. I put on my white Bermuda shorts along with a teal, white and grayish navy ruffled tank top. Pulling my hair up into a loose bun, I slipped on some dangly earrings along with the same chunky bracelet I wore when I was out with Alice. In the bathroom, I attempted to make my puffy eyes and blotchy face look normal. When all was said and done, I looked fairly decent. Who are you trying to impress? Edward's your friend. He probably does not want to deal with your special brand of lunacy. Why are you making an effort?

God, my inner voice was such a snarky bitch. Shut. Up.

Puttering around the house, I cleaned up the kitchen and such, waiting for Edward to arrive. Shortly after one, my doorbell rang. I scampered to open it, seeing a freshly shaven, shorts-wearing Edward. "Hey," I smiled. "Wow...I thought I was white."

"Shut it," he grumbled. "The hair tends to camouflage the pastiness. I wear, for the most part, jeans or khakis. It's only when itgets above ninety that I break out the shorts. Or when I run during the summer."

"Well, us ghost-like people need to stick together," I said, handing him back his phone. "At least your forearms are tan. I'm just ghastly."

"I beg to differ," Edward said, enfolding me into a hug. I sighed contentedly. "I think you look lovely." I blushed and let out a nervous giggle. "First stop, cell phone, okay?"

"Kay," I said, slipping on my white crocheted Toms and my purse. He offered me his arm as we walked out of the house, waiting patiently while I locked the door. Gallantly, Edward helped me into his car. "How do you manage to get such awesome parking spots? Whenever I drive through here, there's never any parking!"

"I've got good parking karma," he snickered, closing the door. He jogged around the front of the car and slid into the driver's seat. "Now, where are you getting a new phone?"

"AT&T," I answered. "I'm getting a new number, new plan and everything. Out with the old and in with the new."

Edward nodded, pulling away from the curb and navigating the streets expertly. Ten minutes away, he parked in front of an AT&T store. We went inside and I went through the process of setting up a new phone number, a pretty detailed plan and even getting a landline for my house. I walked out of the store with a brand new iPhone 5S and all of the fixings for it. In his car, he let me charge it as we began our tour of Chicago. "So, Miss Swan, I think we need to start small. Are you hungry?"

"A little. I ate something for breakfast," I answered, arching a brow.

"I'm starving. I went for a run this morning and I could eat a cow. Or a goat. Have you ever heard of the Billy Goat Tavern?" he asked, his brow arching over his wayfarers.

"Isn't that the place where they yell, 'Cheeseburger, cheeseburger'?" I responded, doing the silly accent.

"A girl after my own heart. If you looked at me like I was nuts, I would have driven you back home," Edward snorted. "I need me a 'Cheeseborger, cheeseborger.' He started the car and we drove to downtown Chicago. He parked the Mustang in a parking garage, helping me out of the car. He held my hand as we walked the short distance to Billy Goat Tavern near theTribune Tower and Wrigley Building. Holding the door open for me, we walked inside. It was busy and looked like a cafeteria. "What do you want?"

"It's probably sacrilegious to order anything but a cheeseburger," I said, looking up at the menu. He laughed, wrapping his arm around me as some people pushed towards the front. "I'll go with that and a side of chips. If they have Diet Coke, I'll drink that, but if not then lemonade."

He nodded. "Can I get a cheeseburger with a side of chips with a diet and a triple cheeseburger and a polish with chips and a coke?"

The guy rang him up and I held out my money. Edward gave me a stern look, passing over some cash to the cashier. I bit my lip putting my money back into my purse. He received a receipt and went to sit down with our drinks. Our meals were delivered and Edward was practically salivating over his meal. "Come to papa!" he sang gleefully, picking up his hamburger.

"Do you need a moment alone?" I asked, laughing quietly.

"I haven't had one of these in forever," he retorted. "I love to eat. Adore it. I'm all about food. If I'm hungry, I'm bitchy. It's not pretty. BUT, I can't eat like this all of the time. That's why I work out like crazy. Since we're on a whirlwind tour of Chicago, I figured it would be okay if I splurged. Up next is Garrett's Popcorn."

"Is everything that we're doing today related to your stomach?" I teased.

"No," he said, rolling his eyes. "There's more to Chicago than just food. But, right now, my Cheeseborger, Cheeseborger is calling to me. 'Edward! Eat me!'" he squeaked, making the bun move.

"Then, go right ahead," I said, taking a bite of the most delicious, but fattening burger I've eaten in my life. But it was soooooooooo good. I moaned, sounding like a two-bit whore, but oh my God, I'd died and gone to burger heaven.

"Will you deny my awesomeness?" Edward smirked, wiping his face. "This place is the fucking bomb!"

"I think I'm in love," I cooed at my burger, kissing it.

"I'm wounded, Swan," he pouted. I laughed, tossing a chip at him but seriously, I was in love with my hamburger. Nummy!

A/N: Pictures of the Billy Goat are on my tumblr and blog. Links for both of those are on my profile. You can also find me on Facebook, too: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. We're switching over to Edward to finish out their tour of Chicago. Leave me some!

Top of Page