Especially because my dad is the head of his own business, he is why we have so much money.

I always wondered what it would be like to attend a high school.

To have friends,

Ride a bus,

Have an annoying teacher who everyone talks about behind their back,

Laugh as the class clown annoys the teacher,

Feel what it's like to fail a test and try to hide it from your parents,

Cram stuff into your locker because the school doesn't understand how big the textbooks are, 

and even taste how bad cafeteria food is.

Well, according to movies.

I watch a lot of those.

It's the only way I can connect with life instead of outside my big glass window.

Yeah I know, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair," right?

Unfortunately for me, this isn't a fairy tale, and I don't think I will ever get my happily ever after. 

"Earth to Ella." Ally says waving her hand in front of my face. I blink a couple of times before looking back at her.

"Hmmm?"

"We are leaving in ten minutes." She says laughing as I stare at her wide-eyed.

"Shoot!" I yell as I push her out of my room. I turn around and put on my dress before walking into my bathroom.

I look at my glass mirror again and cringe.

My hair was somehow sticking straight up.

Where in the world is gravity?

Isn't that supposed to like, push it down or something?

I groan as I pour water on my head and flatten it down. It isn't an efficient way, but at least I'll be able to leave the house before my mom can send me back to my room to fix it.

After I do one last overall check, I walk down the stairs just in time to see my parents and my sister waiting.

"Sorry." I apologize, feeling the least bit sorry. 

"You're two minutes late." My mom says in a gruff voice before following my father into our large dining room.

I hesitantly took a seat next to Ally as about four or five men joined my dad at the head of the table.

Then, a row of maids come in each with a plate of food and set it in front of us.

I whisper to my maid a thank you like I always do.

My mom says you aren't supposed to give them any gratitude because that's their 'job' and they get paid to do it.

Which doesn't make sense.

But she wasn't always like this.

She grew up in a poor neighborhood with my single-parent grandmother.