Beginnings

Fan Cover by @BasicBxtchRepellent

Ella's pov:

I listen as the click of heels comes closer to my bedroom door.

"Ella Maria Sanders, you better be out of bed." I make out the sound of my mom's voice before she opens the door to my bedroom.

I look back at her as I stand in front of my large closet of clothes ranging from sundresses to expensive handmade dresses.

Well, I guess you know me now .

I'm Ella Sanders and my life...

Sucks.

My mom pushes me out of the way and digs through all of the dresses. "Great, you have nothing to wear." She mutters.

I roll my eyes as I pick out a dress from the rows upon rows of dressed in my clset. "This one?" I ask, already knowing her answer. 

"Ella, this is an important meeting, I can't have you looking like you got your dress from a community mall." She rolls her eyes and takes the dress out of my hands putting it back on the rack.

She digs through some more until she finds one of the way more expensive dresses I keep in the back... for a reason.

"This will just have to do." She says examining it closely.

She walks over and puts it on my bed before walking out without a second glance.

This is the way it has always been, so I'm used to it.

Expensive houses, clothes, maids, chefs, the dream life, right?

Wrong!!

The worst part is having a twin sister.

Who is perfect at everything!!

Like she was summoned, she walks into my room dressed up and picks up my dress.

"This color looks good on you." She smiles.

Exactly, even perfect at being the perfect sister. 

She isn't just my twin; she is my best friend.

"I guess." I shrug my shoulders.

I have never been the dress-up kind of girl like my sister.

She likes expensive brands, dresses, and makeup, but she isn't the kind of girl who brags to everyone she has it.

And then, on the other hand, there is me.

I like leggings and sweatshirts, I like sneaking around and watching the football and basketball games on tv.

I hate dressing up just to 'show off to other families of my own family's wealth.

As if we aren't in the 20th century. 

Both my sister and I are also homeschooled.

The only time we are allowed to leave the house is when my mom takes us on her shopping trips.

She loves, and I mean loves, to spend money.